Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Anderson- Band Geeks Tour

I've been watching the full opening night show, and it occurred to me that any edge the Steve Howe band has *should be* in the writing department. Jon's band are man-for-man better musicians, but what Steve *should* have is a stable of writers who can legitimately propel the Yes legacy forward, not just "play the hits".
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    The UK shows are with the Paul Green Rock Academy.

The second London night is https://www.academymusicgroup.com/o2...s-tour-tickets
    Thank you Henry.

It's amazing how unbelievably shitty Jon's website is. It's worse than amateurish and not even mobile-friendly. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing just to look at.

FFS, Jon, drop me a line, already!!!!!!!!!!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

YES.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

When ticket sales are low.....

Banned

About the Ritual video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now there's somebody who needs to stay the fuck home and listen to records.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Now there's somebody who needs to stay the fuck home and listen to records.
    I agree, and there are several people who have posted on this thread and on PE, that nitpick every instantiation of Yesness.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    It's amazing how unbelievably shitty Jon's website is. It's worse than amateurish and not even mobile-friendly. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing just to look at.
    I do sometimes feel Anderson needs some better management. For example, he keeps recording songs and then randomly uploading them to YouTube or Facebook. Why not stick an album out of this material on Bandcamp? Except, maybe, Anderson is just unmanageable at this point!
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I do sometimes feel Anderson needs some better management. For example, he keeps recording songs and then randomly uploading them to YouTube or Facebook. Why not stick an album out of this material on Bandcamp? Except, maybe, Anderson is just unmanageable at this point!
    And that's why he isn't in Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    YES.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Ticket sales are low? I think both shows at Scottish Rite in NJ were sold out. Maybe Illinois is not Yes country.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    But Yes is in him.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

But Yes is in him.
    Agreed!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Jon has given me almost 50 years of musical enjoyment. He's still vibrant. When I saw him in Montreal with Jean Ponty - he was excellent. I love 1,000 hands. Like everything about Jon. I guess that makes me a fanboy!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Ticket sales are low? I think both shows at Scottish Rite in NJ were sold out. Maybe Illinois is not Yes country.
    Or maybe two shows within 50 miles of each other is splitting the fanbase too thin. Seems like questionable tour planning to me, but then maybe I just wish he'd venture a couple hundred miles farther west...
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

YES.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    The Aracada Theater holds 900 and looks like about 80 tickets are left. Scottish Rite sold out of course - those are the Philly shows and Jon/Yes always does well in the area. Just a bit farther north in NJ in Newark, they had a real tough time filling the venue, even resorting to Groupon at the end. Sales are not consistent throughout the tour.

As to why this venue resorted to using the Roger Dean Yes logo and even using a Roger Dean font for Anderson's name for that posting is anyone's guess, but pretty bad form imho.

The marketing is intentional, even if its far-fetched. They know EXACTLY what they are doing.
    It also seems by putting the "Yes" name in there as the first word, it messes with Ticketmaster and how their automation sorts and creates listings. It results in things like this email I just got - both advertised for the same date:

Jon Anderson without Yes is YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    BAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    Jon Anderson without Yes is YES!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    But Yes is in him.
    Yes has been in you
    and you have been in Yes.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Or maybe two shows within 50 miles of each other is splitting the fanbase too thin. Seems like questionable tour planning to me, but then maybe I just wish he'd venture a couple hundred miles farther west...
    Yeah, I noticed some free days there right around the Arcada/St. Charles IL show. A day in Eastern Iowa would have been pretty easy to set up, you would think. I don't know why the Paramount in CR or the Adler in Davenport wouldn't have been interested for example. Even the Englert would be a possibility. Alan Parsons came close to selling out the Adler, and Kansas packs it pretty full every year or two. so you would think Jon could draw some good numbers.

I do not profess to understand booking however so there may well be factors I'm not considering...

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Yes has been in you
    and you have been in Yes.
    And while we tried;
    I mighta been... Undignified..
    That is maybe... I might've lied...
    Maybe so... I don't know... But what's the difference now?!!!!

[emoji23]
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Yeah, I noticed some free days there right around the Arcada/St. Charles IL show. A day in Eastern Iowa would have been pretty easy to set up, you would think. I don't know why the Paramount in CR or the Adler in Davenport wouldn't have been interested for example. Even the Englert would be a possibility. Alan Parsons came close to selling out the Adler, and Kansas packs it pretty full every year or two. so you would think Jon could draw some good numbers.

I do not profess to understand booking however so there may well be factors I'm not considering...
    I live just east of Madison and getting to the Pabst/Riverside is about an hour less of screwing around than getting to the Arcada. I understand the Arcada when only one show is being played in the area, but if you are hitting Chicago, IMO it is nice if the second show is up in Milwaukee instead of St. Charles. I'm going to this one, but over the past 5-6 years as more shows have been going to the Arcada, I've missed some acts I'd have caught otherwise if they were in Milwaukee. Might be that the gains from being closer to Chicago are more than the losses from Milwaukee/Madison/Fox Valley, but it impacts at least some of us - particularly on week nights.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Who would have imagined that in 2023, Jon could delivery such a powerful version on Awaken (50 years later).
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    I understand the Arcada when only one show is being played in the area, but if you are hitting Chicago, IMO it is nice if the second show is up in Milwaukee instead of St. Charles. .
    While you have a valid point, the theaters in Chicago are run by the same promoter (https://oshows.com). This guy has run the Arcada for a long time and The Des Plaines Theater came on line a few years ago. This guy has also supported a lot of these types of acts for a while now and maybe the groups feel some loyalty to him, since a lot of these show are now playing in both theaters (which is great for me since the Des Plaines is a lot closer to my home). I have no idea if this effected a show in the Milwaukee area or not, but having two shows in two different theaters in the Chicago area, has become pretty common.

Quote Originally Posted by pbs1902 View Post
    While you have a valid point, the theaters in Chicago are run by the same promoter (https://oshows.com). This guy has run the Arcada for a long time and The Des Plaines Theater came on line a few years ago. This guy has also supported a lot of these types of acts for a while now and maybe the groups feel some loyalty to him, since a lot of these show are now playing in both theaters (which is great for me since the Des Plaines is a lot closer to my home). I have no idea if this effected a show in the Milwaukee area or not, but having two shows in two different theaters in the Chicago area, has become pretty common.
    This is exactly right. I think Ron Onesti must feel that he can often fill more seats for the shows he books, but is limited to 900. So, rather than booking two nights at the Arcada, he splits them between The St Charles Arcada & Des Plaines Theater. He's been doing this with most of his bookings. The two theaters are only 30 miles apart in the West Chicago Suburbs. I actually live practically equal miles between the two theaters, I can chose at will.

Ron is a HUGE prog & classic rock fan, and has been nabbing a good deal of the acts that can be billed into his smallish venues. From what I understand, the bands like his hospitality and playing the Arcada. A lot of Chicago area fans don't like coming to the Suburbs though (and vice versa).