Thread: YES Legend RICK WAKEMAN Announces 'The Return Of The Caped Crusader' 2024 Tour

YES Legend RICK WAKEMAN Announces 'The Return Of The Caped Crusader' 2024 Tour

UK only.....

2024 tour dates:

Feb. 15 - Glasgow, Scotland - Royal Concert Hall
    Feb. 17 - Liverpool, England - Philharmonic
    Feb. 18 - Manchester, England - Bridgewater Hall
    Feb. 20 - Brighton, England - Dome
    Feb. 21 - Cardiff, Wales - St David's Hall
    Feb. 23 - Birmingham, England - Symphony Hall
    Feb. 24 - York, England - Barbican
    Feb. 25 - Gateshead, England - Sage
    Feb. 28 - Bristol, England - Beacon

Is Jon going to play Robin?

Playing close to me in Brighton! A legend who hasn't been in Yes for 19 years..

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Is Jon going to play Robin?
    His insurance doesn't cover the Batpole.

Quote Originally Posted by bfd View Post
    UK only.....

2024 tour dates:

Feb. 15 - Glasgow, Scotland - Royal Concert Hall
    There's some footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S-JmFohm6Y (there is more, but this is enough...)

I am flabbergasted by the bad performance of the drummer. One rhythm takes it all. Also, I really dislike the female vocalists Rick has been using the last decade... So, not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by RuudE View Post
    There's some footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S-JmFohm6Y (there is more, but this is enough...)
    No matter who the artist is, I am never, ever going to like seeing backing vocalists doing that swaying/finger snapping/dancing-in-unison thing. I realize they probably need to do something or else they look like dead wood on stage, but it just looks so stupid to me, like they're doing some sort of exercise, and I always find it really distracting.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I just cannot bear to watch/listen Rick's murdering of Yes songs - cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    No matter who the artist is, I am never, ever going to like seeing backing vocalists doing that swaying/finger snapping/dancing-in-unison thing. I realize they probably need to do something or else they look like dead wood on stage, but it just looks so stupid to me, like they're doing some sort of exercise, and I always find it really distracting.
    I used to go see the Moody Blues on the tours with Moraz, and felt the same way when they added the backing female vocalists with the dancing in unison thing - Ugh!. But then I also go see TSO every year and that "swaying/finger snapping/dancing-in-unison thing" is a significant part of their stage presentation - have learned to live with it lol.

Saw this last night in Bristol and really enjoyed it for what it was. I'm looking forward to seeing the current YES at the same venue in three months, so comparison will be inevitable. All 20:11 of Starship Trooper was a highlight especially when Adam was playing stood on a seat in the front row.

They do a great rendition of 'South Side Of The Sky,' certainly the best from the YES set.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Apparently Rick is doing US solo tour this fall, and he’s playing at Tarrytown Music Hall which is near me:

Rick will be premiering a brand new piece of music: Yessonata, a 30-minute instrumental work featuring YES themes and melodies, woven into sonata form.

I wish I had more interest in seeing him solo; I assume this means just Rick and a grand piano, right? Does he use other keyboards too? Also, I find his crude jokes unfunny. Not because they’re crude, but because they’re crude and unfunny.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Also, I find his crude jokes unfunny. Not because they’re crude, but because they’re crude and unfunny.
    That's not fair, they're not just crude and unfunny. They're also old.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Apparently Rick is doing US solo tour this fall, and he’s playing at Tarrytown Music Hall which is near me:

Rick will be premiering a brand new piece of music: Yessonata, a 30-minute instrumental work featuring YES themes and melodies, woven into sonata form.

I wish I had more interest in seeing him solo; I assume this means just Rick and a grand piano, right? Does he use other keyboards too? Also, I find his crude jokes unfunny. Not because they’re crude, but because they’re crude and unfunny.
    I believe he's bringing an electric keyboard as well. He's worth seeing solo once. I've seen it three times, so I'm going to pass. Thanks for the fish, Rick!

I'm going to try to catch the show in Houston. Are there any presale codes out there?

No west coast dates... that is a bummer. I have never seen Rick solo and regret that. He gets as far as Denver than heads east again. That is unusual.

FINALTOUR worked as the presale code for the Houston show.