Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Violinist Ragsdale leaves Kansas

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I saw Joe open for 3rd Degree. Quite a player. I think he'll fit right in.

Goldmine Magazine interviews Joe Deninzon on the new Stratospheerius live release, as well as how he came to join Kansas and potential for writing/recording with the band.

https://www.goldminemag.com/columns/...t-joe-deninzon

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Goldmine Magazine interviews Joe Deninzon on the new Stratospheerius live release, as well as how he came to join Kansas and potential for writing/recording with the band.

https://www.goldminemag.com/columns/...t-joe-deninzon
    Great interview, thanks for posting.

Yeah, that was a nice read. He seems like a great guy. Looking forward to what he and Tom Brislin can come up with together.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Great interview, thanks for posting.
    Yes, very good interview.

Saw the "Another Fork in the Road - 50th anniversary tour" last night in Dallas.

They played at the Opera House so very nice hall with great acoustics. Nice to see them drawing really good crowds still. I've seen them many many times over the years but this was my first time to see them since Walsh left, so it had been awhile. Ehart played the second half of the show only. And Billy Greer was out sick - so the first half of the show it was only Rich Williams out there who had any long time connection to the band so it really struck me about the passage of time. But good on them to have an actual person fill in on bass instead of playing along to a pre-recorded bass track as others have done recently. And a good replacement it was (Kyle Henderson - from the band The Producers) . Ronnie Platt is a really good and engaging front man. Of course can't replace that soul Walsh had in his prime. But Walsh is one of a kind. It was nice to see Platt give mentions to past members (Walsh, Elefante, Livgren, Steinhardt)

Brislin was phenomenal and of course brings his own creds and chops. He's so much fun to watch play and they gave him room to do his own things at times and he added a really cool intro to "Play the Game Tonight" new violin player Deninzon was great - I did wish I could have seen Rags one more time though. Setlist was really good - the hits were there of course and some deep cuts for us fans like "The Pinnacle". I wish they would play "No One Together" but that seems to be a song they don't bring out very often.

So another great night in Kansas! Check out the tour if it comes your way.