Thread: Tusmørke - Hestehoven

Tusmørke - Hestehoven

Out August 18 on Karisma Records! (No, it's not children's music.)

First track:

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I can’t find the info on the Bandcamp page to embed the album, but here’s the link to the Bandcamp page itself:

https://tusm-rke.bandcamp.com/album/hestehoven

Yes. I dig this song.

They've just posted that they are debuting a new 20 minute epic tomorrow night in Bergen for the Karisma Records anniversary celebration. This is also the debut of their new drummer, and will feature Thor Erik of Ring Van Möbius on keys.

Meanwhile, I'm angry not to live in Norway.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yeah, I could easily give that a GO for like 5 to 10 years to start. I love the cooler climate too.

Cool news btw.

They've just posted that they are debuting a new 20 minute epic tomorrow night in Bergen for the Karisma Records anniversary celebration. This is also the debut of their new drummer, and will feature Thor Erik of Ring Van Möbius on keys.

Well, if the Ice Giants show up, Thor should be able to handle 'em.

As for living in Norway, they had me at Lillehammer. (Olympics, whenever that was.) I definitely need to at least visit in the next few years

(No, it's not children's music.)
    Not a lot of prog that need this foonote. 😄

Sounds promising.

Here in the capital, not even the proficient establishment of vinyl haven which is Big Dipper seem to carry this yet. Granted the Tussies have been productive, so it'll probably appear eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I love the cooler climate too.
    Well, Oslo (like Montreal, for instance) can get as uncomfortably hot in summer as it gets cold in winter. It's a heavy humid heat, not temperate as in mere warmth. In eary August 2018 we had 35* (Celsius), and elderlies were collapsing due to lacks in facilities. We're well protected against the February chills, of course - but few folks invest in anything as alien as an air condition-device up here.

The west coast is far cooler. In Bergen, for example, temperatures are moderate throughout the year. Rainfalls are abundant, though - which was a main reason for my leaving in 2002. You can never get accustomed to that amount of ubiquitous and incessant wetness.

Incessant Wetness is the name of my brand new sympho-rock group, btw. We just signed an extremely lucrative deal with Musea which not only guarantees my perpetual pension but also that of my long since deceased mom's. We perform cleverly rearranged adaptations of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture exclusively and only use Casio VL-tone for instrumentation, except for a wild baryton bayonet intestine solo by some hobo we kidnapped and killed and ate during rehearsals. Our debut is an 8-LP box with only one song on it, though as said derived from 1812. It's an erotic fantasy concept album about a fictitious setting in which Martha Stewart gave Dan Quayle a gobblin' toejob.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

^ Anxiously awaiting your album The Edge Of Wetness.

Really digging this album.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

It is a good album. One needs to have the CD for the tray art.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It is a good album. One needs to have the CD for the tray art.
    It's very naughty!

^ Hopefully no well-meaning Norwegian grandparents order the wrong CD for their grandchildren, or there will be some interesting conversations about Mr. Toad.