The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    What band?
    Influx
    Have a Mike P mix of our Orion show that we never released
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Ken Golden knows this stuff better than me, but Echolyn was signed to SONY by Michael Caplan, who worked for Sony in A&R at the time and is a genuine Prog fan.

Obviously, financially, it didn’t work out so well, but his intentions were definitely good. I didn’t remember that he was fired shortly after signing and recording them, but it is hardly surprising to hear that….

I saw them at this great bar in Baltimore, Cafe Tattoo, twice before they were signed, and they were very refreshing, very original and shockingly progressive for that time period.

(Note - you could get a tattoo at Cafe Tattoo if you wanted it!!!!)
    Michael Caplan stayed with Sony 550. He later was with a different subsidiary of Sony called Or Music. He was instrumental in the release of Particle's debut album "Launchpad" in 2004.
    Chad

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Me too!
    I was at every FG show.
    Chad

Update from Chris on his FB page four days ago: "[...] Now it’s time to finish mixing (so we can finally start releasing) our 2 new echolyn projects."

In response to the reactions: "93+ minutes of new music = 1 big project = 2 different kinds of releases. Stay tuned! ��������"

It's only been nine years so no rush . But figured I'd let any other diehards here know there were some signs of life.

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    Update from Chris on his FB page four days ago: "[...] Now it’s time to finish mixing (so we can finally start releasing) our 2 new echolyn projects."

In response to the reactions: "93+ minutes of new music = 1 big project = 2 different kinds of releases. Stay tuned! ��������"

It's only been nine years so no rush . But figured I'd let any other diehards here know there were some signs of life.
    Thanks for the heads up, I must have misded this update. So this is looking like a double album in 2 parts. Cool!
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Great news.
    <sig out of order>

This is exciting news, and I'm really looking forward to new Echolyn music. I have learned to temper my release date hopes with this band, though. As they also said on their FB page last year, 'who's ready for new music this Fall', or something to that effect. I have no doubt that it will be worth the wait, which hopefully won't be long.

Neil