Thread: New website for prog rock and jazz fans as well as film/TV/ Doctor Who buffs

New website for Progressive Rock fans

Hi, some of you may know me as a long-time writer for ACID DRAGON and others. I have been away from Prog Ears for a while, but am back after publishing a book on Music. I am also currently working on a book on European Progressive Rock with Thierry Sportouche, with which I may need some help on some of the more obscure groups we intend to cover (UK excluded).

Also, my son and I have launched a new website:

www.dimensions-in-sound-and-space.com

as a forum for our shared interest in publishing, music (concentrating on new releases on Prog and Jazz), Film/ TV and Dr Who / sci-fi

We are looking for links, free subscribers and contributors.

Thanks for listening, and I hope some of my old Prog Ears friends will get in touch, and some new people!

Phil Jackson

New website for prog and jazz fans; fil and TV buffs; Dr Who fans are more.

Just to clarify in response to a rather loopy and insulting reply I got my new website is not in any way set up in competition to Progressive Ears - that would be absurd! In fact, the very opposite. Links help us all to spread the word.

Just to be clear. I briefly review all the main prog rock releases.
    Also, we comment on the latest film/ TV/ drama.
    It is also a publishing forum for our books and music. Dr Who is my son's speciality, and indeed I have my own group on Prog Ears on Dr Who.

All I ask is that you give it a quick check-out remembering it is in the early stages. If you subscribe you will be updated when a significant amount of new material has been added,

We need to be supporting each other I think.

To that end we welcome comments and contributions. We even offer free advice on self-publishing - a much better way than going through vanity publishers!
    Last edited by Phil Jackson; 06-18-2023 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Title mis spelling

I'm game, but what is the link?
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Hi Thanks for getting back.
    The website is

New website for prog rock and jazz fans as well as film/TV/ Doctor Who buffs

Sorry to have to re-post this, but it has been pointed out to me that I didn't include the link to my website in my previous post.

This is:

To reiterate for those who didn't see the post, I was pointing out, following a rather flippant remark I had received, that, apart from have a wider content, this is not intended in any way to do anything other than increase the visitors to Progressive Ears, which to me stands supreme.

In fact, it is more about keeping viewers conversant with the latest Prog and Jazz releases (a restricted number of them) and reviewing in a much more concise way than I normally do.

We hope that some of the great Prog Ears community will subscribe (free of course!) so we can keep them up to date with additions to the site- scroll to bottom of the web page.

We also welcome comments and contributions.

Thanks for listening

Phil and Benedict

Brief PETE BROWN obituary on

www.dimensions-in-sound-and-space

Know I'm a bit late, but I just found out through Jazzwise magazine!

Also thoughts on POKER FACE comedy and its close relation to the classic cop series COLUMBO

www.dimensiona-in-sound and-space

has just been updated

PETE BROWN obituary
    MILES DAVIS Workin'
    POKER FACE TV comedy - and link to classic cop series COLUMBO

News and Reviews added: Hawkwind Days of, Genesis BBC, 7 Impale + Jazz

Added to

SEVEN IMPALE - SUMMIT
    HAWKWIND - DAYS OF THE UNDERGROUND
    GENESIS - BBC recordings and ROB GOULD - NURSERY CRYME
    STEVE HILLAGE - LA FORUM
    STEVEN WILSON PRESENTS PROGRESSIVE SOUNDS IN ALTERNATIVE MUSIC
    CHRISTIAN McBRIDE'S NEW JAWN - PRIDE
    JOHN COLTRANE AND ERIC DOLPHY 2 LP of re-discovered live recordings.

Opinions most welcome.

Suggestion: start your threads in the What's On, What's New subforum as self-promotion should be routed there. The mods are going to move it there regardless.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

This what it's about. Been reviewing this kind of stuff for nigh on 25 years now and promoted 'one man bands' (I am one also as Paradox One on Bandcamp and have worked with some great people over the years). liking what I'm hearing and will certainly give it a review.

Not criticizing your site. Several members here run websites or blogs for things like reviews, etc. And probably 95% of us are in bands or one-man bands.

We post to the What's On What's New subforum because that's what the PE rules stipulate. Feel free to ignore and/or consider yourself an exception...at some point the mods will move this regardless, and after due time you'll find yourself banned. Was just trying to help you avoid that outcome, but do as you will.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    We post to the What's On What's New subforum because that's what the PE rules stipulate. Feel free to ignore and/or consider yourself an exception...at some point the mods will move this regardless, and after due time you'll find yourself banned. Was just trying to help you avoid that outcome, but do as you will.
    This is well stated. Thank you, John.

Phil, I will move this to the “What’s On, What’s New” forum and merge it with your other thread. When posting additional review updates in the future, please post it to that thread only. Do not start a new thread for each one. Thank you.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Jackson View Post
    Brief PETE BROWN obituary on

www.dimensions-in-sound-and-space

Know I'm a bit late, but I just found out through Jazzwise magazine!

Also thoughts on POKER FACE comedy and its close relation to the classic cop series COLUMBO
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Jackson View Post
    www.dimensiona-in-sound and-space

has just been updated

PETE BROWN obituary
    MILES DAVIS Workin'
    POKER FACE TV comedy - and link to classic cop series COLUMBO
    3-second feedback:
    Your writing is better than your typing.

Latest additions to WISS website

The latest additions to

have been posted as follows:

REVIEWS OF:

HAKEN's marvelous Metal Prog album FAUNA - a definite contender for one of the albums of the year.

French experimental band PioL 's intriguing and unique fusion between Japanese medieval singing and progressively inclined rock - a big hit with PROGRESSIVE EARS and BANDCAMP followers.

Polish prog giants RIVERSIDE's 1D.ENTITY album.

HATS OFF GENTLEMEN IT'S ADEQUATE: THE LIGHTS OF ANCIENT MISTAKES

A feature on that wonderful long-running place to buy all things prog: PROGROCK.CO.UK

AND NEWS OF:

JETHRO TULL 40th ANNIVERSARY BROADSWORD AND THE BEAST re-release

KEITH EMERSON BOXSET

GENTLE GIANT LIVE SET

FAMILY FEARLESS REISSUE

HAWKWIND SPACE RITUAL 50TH ANNIVERSARY REISSUES!

various artists ROUND AND ROUND a 4CD set of prog gems from 1974

and a 2 LP reissue of NEIL YOUNG'S CHROME DREAMS that won' necessarily break the bank!

Also with the next DR WHO edging slowly closer, including the return of DAVID TENNANT an interesting blog on:

DOCTOR WHO: THE DESTROYER OF ATLANTIS - another conspiracy theory to enjoy!

Also news of Phil's new book LIBERTY which looks at the culture (including music) and history of the USA since its inception with a rather uncomfortable VERDICT at the end! It's on AMAZON KINDLE at the modest price of £3.99 for a download. Great as a study guide for University and College students as well!

Like the forthcoming (and first) major history of EUROPEAN (mainland) progressive rock, whether this will be released in book form depends on the interest in it. So far, there has been very little interest in the EURO PROG book which surprises me so please spread the word!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    And probably 95% of us are in bands or one-man bands.

We post to the
    I know feel like an elite