Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Noteworthy reissues

Quote Originally Posted by Dunamis View Post
    And, btw, this same MIG Records has just released all Earthstar albums as a Collected Works 5 CD set. Most of the albums (except French Skyline) have never been issued on CD. And the fifth CD is a previously unreleased album:

http://www.mig-music.de/en/releases/earthstar-2/

I think French Skyline is superb!
    Listening to French skyline and it sounds better than when I bought it. Probably because I've gotten more into Klaus Schulze.

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    The only ones worth owning i.m.o.
    Well, I like As a keepsake. But well, that's the only one I have on vinyl, so I bought it probably in the early eighties, when I frequented recordstores, looking for what then was put under Krautrock (basicly any Germany based rockgroup, including Nektar).

I've been looking forward to this first time reissue for quite a while.

https://thequietus.com/articles/3362...4zcGMKUNRG4h7w
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

It seems that the long awaited Landberk reissues are starting to come out. The first one is Indian Summer (on LP), let's hope for the earlier albums as well:

https://dirtynoise.gr/product/landbe...n-summer-vinyl

Landberk.jpg
    Last edited by Dunamis; 01-06-2024 at 03:26 PM.

It seems that the long awaited Landberk reissues are starting to come out. The first one is Indian Summer (on LP), let's hope for the earlier albums as well:
    Are those going to be vinyl only?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    MIG are doing a great work and I think we can expect more good things to come from them in 2024.
    First out of the blocks:
    Teddy Lasry - E=MC2

Quote Originally Posted by helicase View Post
    First out of the blocks:
    Teddy Lasry - E=MC2
    That's a good one, but can't find it on their website. No announcements either...

The Satin Whale and Earthstar multi sets are certainly top of the current list for me. I have to call out the Humans Only album by Earthstar. That has to be one of the best old school freaky Krautrock albums released during the 80s. It flew completely under the radar. And if you look at the cover, you would think it was an NDW album or similar.

I try to keep up with CD reissues as best as possible. There might be a few here that haven't been announced on PE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    That's a good one, but can't find it on their website. No announcements either...
    MiG tend to be a bit slow updating their website in my experience. If the retailers who list it are correct, it should be out towards the end of the month. See for example here:
    https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/det...711223?lang=en

Stefan Dimle writes about the Indian Summer reissue: "Indian Summer has been gently and carefully remastered for LP. The albums comes complete with a detailed biography / history, lots of previously unpublished photos and an upgraded sleeve. Exact date is not 100% assured yet but sometime in February, Indian Summer will see the light of day."

Indian Summer is good. I could probably live without the clunky "Wish I Had a Boat" and the somewhat daft title track, but the remainder is excellent and sees the band move into post-rocky pop terrain with both conviction and distinction. It works far better here than on the previous release (One Man), although it still lacks a wee bit to top the debut.

Looking (or rather hearing) back now, the faint tenet of form mounting into "post-rocky" was already safely in place; starkely evident in sombre solo sections (as in "Trädet/The Tree") and the virulent ambience and mist of "Visa Från Kallsedet" - although classic countrymen like Ragnarök called the perfection of this in the mid-to-late 70s.

Odd to note how vinyls of Riktigt Äkta fetch anywhere between 150-200$ on the open market today, especially when I think of how wildly obscure the release appeared when I was exposed to it at a record fair in Bergen, autumn '92.

Of course, everything gets spookier on the closed/dark market, where you'll easily get Äkta, half a tin of pickled cucumbers and eerie talisman or fetish limb for less than the price of an evil uncle's shrunken head with a sixpack of foul rootbeers swollen inside of it.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    I have to call out the Humans Only album by Earthstar.
    Fripp & Eno's albums were definitely a huge influence on that one. I would also state Heldon if I knew that they were familiar with them back at the times.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by helicase View Post
    First out of the blocks:
    Teddy Lasry - E=MC2
    TEDDY LASRYe=mc² is also coming out as a Japanese mini LP SHM CD on Belle Antique in February:

https://marquee.co.jp/belle_antique/...e-information/

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Earlier albums are very good but more in the electric jazz mode vs jazzrock/fusion.
    Not sure if this is legit, but it appears that the second Virgo album called "Four Seasons" has been released by an Italian label called KRAY Records. The same label has a few other reissues: https://www.discogs.com/label/297087...Records?page=1

Here is the entire album on YT. Looks like a limited 300-edition only press.

Legit

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Legit
    Do you plan to get it in stock, Ken? If so, maybe get the PSI as well.

Both are on order. Just waiting for delivery. PSI was done once before by Chickadisc. Great album.

Dusting off my CC

I think I'll pass on this one; although it sounds melodic, I'm missing the synths and guitar that are prominent on Lutello.

Just found out today. Artis records has released a box set of Opus Avantra music:

DelMonacoTisocco_OpusAvantra_Box_01-jpg.jpg

This deluxe box set contains:

- "Opus Avantra Donella Del Monaco" LP
    - "Lord Cromwell Plays Suite For Seven Vices" LP
    - "Strata" LP
    - "Lyrics" LP
    - "Loucos - Nel luogo magico" LP

- "Opus Avantra Donella Del Monaco" CD with 1 bonus track
    - "Lord Cromwell Plays Suite For Seven Vices" CD
    - "Strata" LP / CD
    - "Lyrics" LP / CD
    - "Loucos - Nel luogo magico" CD with 1 bonus tack
    - "Live Concerts Excerpts" CD

- "Viaggio Immaginario - Live in Tokyo 2008.12.04" DVD

- "Il pavone / Ah! Douleur" 7" vinyl
    - "Allemanda / Flowers On Pride" 7" vinyl

- "OA48 - The definitive biography of Opus Avantra, from 1973 to 2023" - 44-page book

- A poster, small scale print of the first Opus Avantra tour
    - A limited print, "Opus Avantra Manifesto" signed by Alfred Tisocco and Donella Del Monaco
    - A 50th anniversary badge
    - A real peacock feather, symbol of good luck

"Indian Summer" is now available as a download from HDTracks and Qobuz (24/48kHz).

Geoff.

Just found out today. Artis records has released a box set of Opus Avantra music:

DelMonacoTisocco_OpusAvantra_Box_01-jpg.jpg

This deluxe box set contains:

- "Opus Avantra Donella Del Monaco" LP
    - "Lord Cromwell Plays Suite For Seven Vices" LP
    - "Strata" LP
    - "Lyrics" LP
    - "Loucos - Nel luogo magico" LP

- "Opus Avantra Donella Del Monaco" CD with 1 bonus track
    - "Lord Cromwell Plays Suite For Seven Vices" CD
    - "Strata" LP / CD
    - "Lyrics" LP / CD
    - "Loucos - Nel luogo magico" CD with 1 bonus tack
    - "Live Concerts Excerpts" CD

- "Viaggio Immaginario - Live in Tokyo 2008.12.04" DVD

- "Il pavone / Ah! Douleur" 7" vinyl
    - "Allemanda / Flowers On Pride" 7" vinyl

- "OA48 - The definitive biography of Opus Avantra, from 1973 to 2023" - 44-page book

- A poster, small scale print of the first Opus Avantra tour
    - A limited print, "Opus Avantra Manifesto" signed by Alfred Tisocco and Donella Del Monaco
    - A 50th anniversary badge
    - A real peacock feather, symbol of good luck
    A shame that you have to buy a box with both LPs and CDs. That makes it very expensive, especially if you don’t actually want the LPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    A shame that you have to buy a box with both LPs and CDs. That makes it very expensive, especially if you don’t actually want the LPs.
    I ordered the box the other day from Soundohm in Italy - 168 + 18 euro shipping, so it's not cheap, but it is a wonderful box. AFAIK the CDs are easily available, I think Akarma even released two boxes of OA CDs some 20 years ago.

Not sure if this is truly a noteworthy reissue - some folks may see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Not sure if this is truly a noteworthy reissue - some folks may see it that way.
    Of course it is, both Musica Urbana and Feliu i Joan Albert are Spanish classics (can't comment on the third CD, as it is unknown to me)