Thread: Interviews

Interviews

Occasionally I'll run across an interesting interview. Here's one with Joe Walsh that's insightful and funny too. Have you run across any lately?

Joe Walsh has always been an entertaining read in old Guitar Player Magazine interviews.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Joe Walsh has always been an entertaining read in old Guitar Player Magazine interviews.
    I missed those, tho I had a sub to Guitar Player for many years. In the interview Walsh said he was clean and sober now, which is good. He had an interesting background.

This clip is ancient but fun never the less.

Keith: Drunk, ha ha, at least he honest. Thanks for sharing.

I still have saved on my DVR Doctor Phil's final interview with David Cassidy. Claiming to have some organic brain disorder, but was actually drunk off his ass.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    I still have saved on my DVR Doctor Phil's final interview with David Cassidy. Claiming to have some organic brain disorder, but was actually drunk off his ass.
    Must be this video with Dr. Phil. I never could tolerate Cassidy much. Dr. Phil paints a pretty sad picture of his life, but in the end, we all have problems and many people back then were victims of drugs due to their prevalence and a certain amount of social acceptance within certain circless. I remember reading or hearing (I forget where) Cassidy laughingly claiming he played as well as Hendrix, but just was never given the opportunity. I think more than anything fame went to his head getting famous and having a hit TV show and band at the time, plus to a degree a certain amount of nepotism.

George R. R. Martin and Stephen King at the Kiva Auditorium, Albuquerque NM June 2016