Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: YES-"The Yes Album-Super Deluxe Edition" coming 11/24/2023

The live songs from this collection how good this lineup was playing live.

In general, this release appears to be as advertised. However, the show listed as "Gothenburg, Sweden, January 21, 1971" is really from January 24 according to Forgotten Yesterdays. Yes was playing in Southampton on January 21. The evidence is very strong.
    http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/band...d=1&qyear=1971

Any thoughts?

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    In general, this release appears to be as advertised. However, the show listed as "Gothenburg, Sweden, January 21, 1971" is really from January 24 according to Forgotten Yesterdays. Yes was playing in Southampton on January 21. The evidence is very strong.
    http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/band...d=1&qyear=1971

Any thoughts?
    Given the presence of performances that appeared on The Word Is Live marked as “previously unreleased” on the new set, the Relayer era photographs etc. it seems pretty simple to chalk up the date discrepancy to more poor research on the part of Rhino.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Given the presence of performances that appeared on The Word Is Live marked as “previously unreleased” on the new set, the Relayer era photographs etc. it seems pretty simple to chalk up the date discrepancy to more poor research on the part of Rhino.
    "More poor research" ... can you give some instances of other "poor research" on the part of Rhino, whose CD liner notes I'd always placed a lot of faith in?
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Batchman View Post
    "More poor research" ... can you give some instances of other "poor research" on the part of Rhino, whose CD liner notes I'd always placed a lot of faith in?
    Incorrect dates and photos of the wrong band lineup aren’t enough? The last exceptionally well done Rhino release I recall was the Big Star boxed set. Since then they’ve pretty much gutted things and probably have all that stuff pawned off onto interns.

https://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/20...-sets/ http://

Looks like the Big Star box I mentioned came out just days before the label got completely gutted in 2009 so something did happen with Rhino. Also, anyone remember the issue with the Yes Progeny box where they mixed up and mislabeled a couple of the shows (Athens and Knoxville I think) and ended up sending out replacements? Also, the last disc of the original In A Word box had a major glitch on it that necessitated them doing replacement discs. So that’s two previous Yes boxed sets from Rhino that have had issues of some sort.
    Last edited by Frumious B; 12-12-2023 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    I just looked at that today and my mine says previously released on The Word is Live set. One * not **
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton