Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: YES-"The Yes Album-Super Deluxe Edition" coming 11/24/2023

YES-"The Yes Album-Super Deluxe Edition" coming 11/24/2023

Info from Steve Hoffman Music Forums-

The Yes Album (Super Deluxe Edition) is due 24 Nov 2023.

This is a 4CD + 1LP + 1Blu-ray box set and will include previously unreleased live and studio material.

The LP is the original analogue cut of the album.

CD1 is the original album.

CD2 is the Steven Wilson remixes plus his instrumental mixes from the Panegyric re-release series.

CD3 Rarities:
    "Your Move (Single Version)"
    "Starship Trooper (Single Version)"
    "Clap (Studio Version)"
    "Yours is No Disgrace (Mono Mix)"
    "The Clap (Mono Mix)"
    "Starship Trooper (Mono Mix)"
    "I've Seen All Good People (Mono Mix)"
    "A Venture (Mono Mix)"
    "Perpetual Change (Mono Mix)"
    "Starship Trooper (Alternate Take)", previously unreleased
    "Untitled Instrumental", previously unreleased

CD4 Live (all previously unreleased):
    "Astral Traveller", first 2 tracks recorded at Konserthuset, Gothenburg, Sweden, promo says 21 Jan 1971, but should be 24 Jan
    "Everydays"
    "Yours is No Disgrace", remaining tracks recorded at The Yale Bowl, New Haven, CT, 24 Jul 1971
    "Your Move"
    "I've Seen All Good People"
    "The Clap/Classical Gas"
    "Perpetual Change"
    The Blu-ray contains an Atmos remix of the album by Wilson.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I seriously doubt they did a true mono mix in 1971 so I would guess that the mono is just a fold down of the stereo. “Astral Traveler” and “Everydays” are both on The Word Is Live, so not previously unreleased. Do they have better tapes than the boot for Yale Bowl? I’m curious. The bootleg is amazing though “Yours Is No Disgrace” is missing the beginning. There is one version where The Tooleman fixed the intro by patching it in from later in the song.

Also, a little irritating that they didn’t stick all of the bonus tracks from the Panegyric in here somewhere so you have to keep two copies to have everything, like the unfaded “A Venture”.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Well at least they're releasing something but no interest from me, I already have the live bootlegs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    I seriously doubt they did a true mono mix in 1971 so I would guess that the mono is just a fold down of the stereo. “Astral Traveler” and “Everydays” are both on The Word Is Live, so not previously unreleased. Do they have better tapes than the boot for Yale Bowl?
    In terms of what is not included here, The Word Is Live only had material from the Crystal Palace show. I'm not sure if they had any more of that show.

Not much going on here TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    In terms of what is not included here, The Word Is Live only had material from the Crystal Palace show. I'm not sure if they had any more of that show.

Not much going on here TBH.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Word_Is_Live

Both of the tracks are listed as from January 24, 1971 so they would be Gothenburg.

Also confirmed by checking Forgotten Yesterdays: http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/date...71&qdateid=925

I’m assuming the live Perpetual Change is NOT the Yessongs version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    I’m assuming the live Perpetual Change is NOT the Yessongs version?
    Indeed this seems to be The Yale Bowl version. This gig came out on vinyl recently, on a label called London Calling I think. I bought it because I love the gig and it’s quite a nice edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Word_Is_Live

Both of the tracks are listed as from January 24, 1971 so they would be Gothenburg.

Also confirmed by checking Forgotten Yesterdays: http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/date...71&qdateid=925
    I meant tracks included on the earlier set not included here. In fact I wonder why the Crystal Palace songs aren't on here. That was a good performance, from memory.

I can’t see what appeal the mono mixes have, when there is the original stereo, the Wilson stereo mix, an atmos mix and presumably the 5.1 mix previously released, why not include a cassette/ 8 track to make the set complete.

Not that anyone gives a crap but I thought I'd share that I'm out. I've bought this album three times already. A full album of alternate takes might have sealed the deal for me but I don't care about mono, and I'm sure the Yale Bowl will be a slightly "worked on" version of the boot. For a boot it is a great listening experience as is, so not much added value there either. If there was an official single-CD version of Yale Bowl of course I'd buy that.

If I'm gonna buy one super dooper deluxe version of a single album this year it's gonna be Broadsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Derk View Post
    I can’t see what appeal the mono mixes have,
    Yes, that’s really pointless. As Frumious said, there was no dedicated mono mix of this album. It’s just a fold-down of the stereo, created for airplay purposes and issued to radio stations only. A waste of space.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

I guess this just shows what the future holds for Yes' catalog. Henry mentioned this in another post some time ago.. new "owners" of their catalog will want to get a ROI

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    I guess this just shows what the future holds for Yes' catalog. Henry mentioned this in another post some time ago.. new "owners" of their catalog will want to get a ROI
    Real question is why on earth haven’t they just made a full Paris sessions “lost album” already? Those tracks are scattered over a few releases and ya they aren’t good but at least gathering them up in one nice release would be easier on us yes completists.

They could really go all out with a new dean cover or something. Some nice liner notes about the whole debacle. Much more interesting than a mono mix of the yes album.

Also still waiting on the expanded big generator to finish out the Atlantic remaster series….

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    Also still waiting on the expanded big generator to finish out the Atlantic remaster series….
    Is that really a thing? I'm excited if so...BIG fan of that album.

Quote Originally Posted by Derk View Post
    I can’t see what appeal the mono mixes have, when there is the original stereo, the Wilson stereo mix, an atmos mix and presumably the 5.1 mix previously released, why not include a cassette/ 8 track to make the set complete.
    My favorite music purchase I have ever made in my entire life is still the copy of The Beatles In Mono box that I bought from Amazon on 09/09/09. So if something has a true dedicated mono mix and was mainly intended to be heard in mono then sign me up. There’s almost nothing released after 1968 where that applies.
    Last edited by Frumious B; 08-10-2023 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    There is all ready an expanded Big Generator released in Japan. It’s also part of the Studio Albums 1969-1987 boxed set. The bonus tracks are pretty poor, just a bunch of 12 inch single mixes, but the main album sounds comparable to the other Rhino remasters so if you like those it’s nice to have Big Generator too.

When I saw the thread title, I got excited.

Then I read about it.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by starless and bible black View Post
    "Yours is No Disgrace (Mono Mix)"
    "The Clap (Mono Mix)"
    "Starship Trooper (Mono Mix)"
    "I've Seen All Good People (Mono Mix)"
    "A Venture (Mono Mix)"
    "Perpetual Change (Mono Mix)"
    [/B]
    I'm holding out for the Left Channel Only Mix.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Not that anyone gives a crap but I thought I'd share that I'm out. I've bought this album three times already. A full album of alternate takes might have sealed the deal for me but I don't care about mono, and I'm sure the Yale Bowl will be a slightly "worked on" version of the boot. For a boot it is a great listening experience as is, so not much added value there either. If there was an official single-CD version of Yale Bowl of course I'd buy that.
    There is this, it’s available in main U.K. record stores, so seems slightly more than a boot, although I’m unsure if you would call it official. If it was it would surely have a Dean logo, although back in the day he wasn’t yet working with them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-USA-71...ps%2C87&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    There is this, it’s available in main U.K. record stores, so seems slightly more than a boot, although I’m unsure if you would call it official. If it was it would surely have a Dean logo, although back in the day he wasn’t yet working with them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-USA-71...ps%2C87&sr=8-1
    It’s 100% a boot.

Just because something is on Amazon or elsewhere doesn’t make it not a boot.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"the masses have spoken, and this has appropriately vanished into the great Prog boner pile in the sky."

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    No it’s just something that’s always bugged me that they went up to 90125 but didn’t finish the job (aside from in Japan as mentioned elsewhere). But that series really got me into yes so I have a certain fondness for them. And I actually think the rhythm of love remixes are pretty good so wouldn’t mind having them on cd

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Yes, that’s really pointless. As Frumious said, there was no dedicated mono mix of this album. It’s just a fold-down of the stereo, created for airplay purposes and issued to radio stations only. A waste of space.
    The In the Court.. box (or one of them) also included one of those mono promo mixes. Seems that some collectors want them.

Quote Originally Posted by starless and bible black View Post
    Info from Steve Hoffman Music Forums-
    The info is from me! http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnyesm.htm#rers Someone just posted it to the Hoffman forum.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    It’s 100% a boot.

Just because something is on Amazon or elsewhere doesn’t make it not a boot.
    I wouldn't argue with you Steve, Amazon holding stock is no guarantee of honesty, but this label is to also be found in HMV, Rough Trade and others, places that I would not expect to support the bootleggers.. I recently saw (but didn't buy) this Soft Machine release from the same label too, it's quite intricate for a boot, coloured vinyl, bonus 45 rpm 7", and as you know more about the band than others I thought I would share ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paris-1970-...s%2C87&sr=8-19

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I wouldn't argue with you Steve, Amazon holding stock is no guarantee of honesty, but this label is to also be found in HMV, Rough Trade and others, places that I would not expect to support the bootleggers.. I recently saw (but didn't buy) this Soft Machine release from the same label too, it's quite intricate for a boot, coloured vinyl, bonus 45 rpm 7", and as you know more about the band than others I thought I would share ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paris-1970-...s%2C87&sr=8-19
    Not only is that Soft Machine a boot, but it's a boot of the inferior, audience recording of that show (which is the France part of Facelift France and Holland).
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"the masses have spoken, and this has appropriately vanished into the great Prog boner pile in the sky."

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.