Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming release from T.A.P

Upcoming release from T.A.P

A big day (no, not another one!), as the collaboration with some USA/Canadian musicians - namely T.A.P (T.A.P-Prog) - bears fruit. Our debut album, CD/digital, is available for pre-order today, with a release date of October 6th.
    The album is called ‘Paradigms’ and is released on Nick Katona’s MRR label.
    It’s an instrumental project that combines ambient soundscapes infused here and there with prog/rock, jazz, blues, and world music vibes.
    https://tapprog.bandcamp.com/album/paradigms
    Find out about who is involved, what early reviewers have said, and access our EPK (electronic press kit) on our website
    https://www.tapprog.com
    Interview on Anthony Rowsick’s show on Progzilla.com today 10:30pm UK time, 5:30pm Eastern
    Here is a video of our latest single
    https://youtu.be/U58uorZkqc8
    This is what other musicians had to say about the album.
    "What I have heard of your album so far sounds fkn amazing. Totally unique. Can't say it sounds like anyone cause it does not” - Chris Gill (Band Of Rain)
    “Really cool! Great atmospheres and cool riffs. At times reminded me of Pink Floyd or Gentle Giant. Fun Prog! Congrats! Really impressed.”
    - Dave Kerzner ('Sound of Contact', 'Dave Kerzner Band', 'In Continuum')
    ​“A progressive experimental collection of music that has thrown out the formula book to give way to free form moods, mental atmospheres and innovative sound design. Definitely something to enjoy in its entirety . Digging it!”
    - Simon Collins (‘Sound Of Contact’, ‘eMOLECULE’)
    “Wow - I love it. Very impressed. Great moods, great progressive grooves, awesome guitar, gritty keys, solid bass, very cool stuff!”
    - Matt Dorsey (‘Sound Of Contact’, ‘In Continuum’, ‘Dave Kerzner Band’)
    “T.A.P’s 'Paradigm' is a compelling return to the roots of prog with a 7 superb tracks waxing musical tapestries infused with jazz fusion and rock. At times it made me think of the supergroup UK or something from Bill Bruford's 'Masterstrokes'. It is an exciting listen filled with interwoven melodies, rhythms and musical themes.”
    - Kelly Nordstrom (‘Sound Of Contact’, ‘eMOLECULE’)
    ​“...an absolute blast... guitar technique and tone to die for throughout, some really inventive arrangements with prog, ambient, hints of jazz fusion, blues, even a bit of carnival haha. Fab keys and orchestration, some very inventive percussion - lots of room for the music to move and groove but never descends into indulgence. It's well outside my usual comfort zone but when everyone brings their A Game like that and creates the right moods and can move seamlessly through those kind of arrangements it's a winner. Production is really good. Delicious basslines. Silence From The Storm! Yum”
    - Charlie Bramald (‘Ghost of the Machine’)TAP Paradigms (1).jpg

here is a video of our first single, The Progbient. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvT1Pr9TNNI

Quote Originally Posted by jobbornprogpromoter View Post
    here is a video of our first single, The Progbient. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvT1Pr9TNNI
    This and Terminus are both very impressive videos with some really good stuff musically. Looking forward to reviewing this one fairly shortly!
    I review and blog at www.lazland.org

Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    This and Terminus are both very impressive videos with some really good stuff musically. Looking forward to reviewing this one fairly shortly!
    thanks so much for your kind words about both those songs. did i already send you a link to the download? my mind is blank on whether i did so or not. cheers

thanks so much for your kind words about both those songs. did i already send you a link to the download? my mind is blank on whether i did so or not. cheers
    You did, last night!

You did, last night!
    perfect. thanks.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I preordered the CD last night - looking forward to this, as it's a talented group of musicians and I like the tracks I've heard so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I preordered the CD last night - looking forward to this, as it's a talented group of musicians and I like the tracks I've heard so far.
    you're awesome dude. thanks so much for supporting T.A.P. Really happy you enjoy our music. You wont be disappointed when you finally hear the whole album. cheers.

Contest time. im going to give a download of this album to the first person to private message me telling me the name of one of the two singles that have been released so far. part of winning the album download is you come to this post after you hear the whole album and share your thoughts on what you thought about the album.
    Last edited by jobbornprogpromoter; 09-22-2023 at 02:17 PM.

Contest is closed. JKL2000 answered correctly. congratz. stay tuned for more contests here before the album is released october 6th. cheers.

T.A.P is being featured tonight on the Gagliarchives radio show. Tune in if you can. Cheers.

Sunday Contest time. im going to give a download of this album to the first person to private message me telling me the name of the album that Mike Oldfield is best known for?. part of winning the album download is you come to this post after you hear the whole album and share your thoughts on what you thought about the album.

Here is a great review done by Colin.

“Please listen to this album more than once! There is so much going on here that only by repeated listening can you truly appreciate the sheer magnificence of this music. The sonic tapestries that the band manage to produce are amazing and musicianship is through the roof! It is hard to believe that this was all constructed remotely and the band have never all met together in person - it sounds so cohesive and well integrated.
    So do yourself a favour and set aside an hour or so on at least a couple of occasions to give this wonderful album a deep listen. You won’t regret it.”
    - Colin Powell: A Multitude of One, Nova Cascade

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I received this CD in the mail yesterday (I also won a download from Mike Jobborn!). I'm on my third listen already. It's a great album, as I could tell from the two free tracks on Bandcamp. It makes me want to see it performed live so I can see who's playing what parts, because the band members are nearly all multi-instrumentalists, so there are multiple guitars, Warr guitars, and keyboards. The recording is rather dense, so it's going to take a few more listens to get to know the album. A lot of the guitar sounds like prime Robert Fripp lead guitar, so fans of that sound will definitely want this. Mellotron is listed for a few tracks - not sure I've picked it out, but there are lots of very nice synth sounds and other keyboard sounds, leads and more ambient use too.

This is Album of the Year-level material, IMO. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I received this CD in the mail yesterday (I also won a download from Mike Jobborn!). I'm on my third listen already. It's a great album, as I could tell from the two free tracks on Bandcamp. It makes me want to see it performed live so I can see who's playing what parts, because the band members are nearly all multi-instrumentalists, so there are multiple guitars, Warr guitars, and keyboards. The recording is rather dense, so it's going to take a few more listens to get to know the album. A lot of the guitar sounds like prime Robert Fripp lead guitar, so fans of that sound will definitely want this. Mellotron is listed for a few tracks - not sure I've picked it out, but there are lots of very nice synth sounds and other keyboard sounds, leads and more ambient use too.

This is Album of the Year-level material, IMO. I love it!
    Thanks so much for your positive feedback. really happy you like it. cheers.

Contest closed. paythesnuka won himself the download of Paradigms. stay tuned for another contest. cheers.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The track I listened sounds like really sophisticated playing. I really like it!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    The track I listened sounds like really sophisticated playing. I really like it!!
    hi Mozo. really happy you are digging T.A.P. thanks so much for sharing your thoughts my friend. cheers.

Contest time again. the first person to reply to this post will win a copy of my band T.A.Ps debut album, Paradigms. what is the most famous Led Zepplin song that has been overplayed the most? answer that and ill send you the download. i just ask if you like what you hear, please share your thoughts on the album here.

Mozo won the download of the album. congratz. cheers.

Mozo won the download of the album. congratz. cheers.
    Yeah! Thanks!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I'm listening now and like what I hear! I really like the guitar playing - it stands out. Very melodic - excellent instrumental prog! If I have any further thoughts, I'll report back.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'm listening now and like what I hear! I really like the guitar playing - it stands out. Very melodic - excellent instrumental prog! If I have any further thoughts, I'll report back.
    thanks very much. really happy you are enjoying the album. took 9 years to complete. appreciate your feedback. cheers.

Review posted this evening at https://lazland.org/album-reviews-20.../tap-paradigms

Really enjoyable album, and you can watch a couple of videos with the review.

Review posted this evening at https://lazland.org/album-reviews-20.../tap-paradigms

Really enjoyable album, and you can watch a couple of videos with the review.
    amazing review. thank you so much for taking the time to listen and write what you did. thanks for sharing it here in my thread. cheers.