Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Chronicles of Father Robin - The Songs & Tales of Airoea – Book II

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    When does “Books I-III Played Live” come out?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    When does “Books I-III Played Live” come out?
    After the mini-tour, where the lead singer reads portions of the books, and takes questions from the audience and an interviewer.

It seems that the band stretches back to this mid-90's band Fangorn, which was a few high-school students who went on to Wobbler and maybe other bands we know. I didn't complete the research. But I'd like to know if there's any way to hear the song they have on this school compilation:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/3235198-Fangorn-3

Book III has landed on these shores.

Looking forward to digging into this one tonight.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Has the band or label ever made any noises about releasing an edition that contains all 3 releases in one unit? (I would assume something like those Cherry Red clamshell editions.) It would seem to be a natural for this, and provide a convenient way for those who haven't purchased any yet to catch up.

amusingly the press release of Wobbler's From Silence to Somewhere namechecks this band - Formed in Hψnefoss in 1999, WOBBLER’s current lineup features current and former members of TUSMΨRKE, WHITE WILLOW, THE CHRONICLES OF FATHER ROBIN and JAGA JAZZIST.

pretty funny considering they hadn't released an album yet!

my local shop is actually getting these in on vinyl. there's a prog dude who works there who assures me this is the real deal (I've only heard samples of Vol. 1 and yes they sound great) so I'm definitely picking them up.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    amusingly the press release of Wobbler's From Silence to Somewhere namechecks this band - Formed in Hψnefoss in 1999, WOBBLER’s current lineup features current and former members of TUSMΨRKE, WHITE WILLOW, THE CHRONICLES OF FATHER ROBIN and JAGA JAZZIST.

pretty funny considering they hadn't released an album yet!

my local shop is actually getting these in on vinyl. there's a prog dude who works there who assures me this is the real deal (I've only heard samples of Vol. 1 and yes they sound great) so I'm definitely picking them up.
    The Chronicles Of Father Robin released an EP in 2013 I have a cdr of it and they included a track off of it on their debut.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

I’ve been listening to Volume I and II for a while now and I now find myself skipping the first 2 songs on both discs.

I’ve received word that Father Robin is traveling here from Voorhees, NJ to drop-off a copy of the third volume of his chronicles, and is due tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by KevMo50 View Post
    I’ve been listening to Volume I and II for a while now and I now find myself skipping the first 2 songs on both discs.
    I hear ya, spun Book III tonight for the first time and it's different from the first two. Prestmo is sounding like Jon Anderson more than ever at times on this one.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

And I'm surprised Lars Fredrik Froislie isn't one of the very special guests like on the first two.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

I actually hadn't noticed that Froislie was "only" a guest on I & II - I assumed he was a core member. I guess I should have taken a closer look at the credits (if they weren't so hard to read I probably would have.). Do we have anything on video yet? Did they "do" videos? I'll take a look...

Meanwhile, here's some young Lars Frederick Froislie for you (on a lot of keys!):

I’ve received word that Father Robin is traveling here from Voorhees, NJ to drop-off a copy of the third volume of his chronicles, and is due tomorrow.
    WOW! Father Robin must be using Santa's sleigh because he's arriving here too today! I cant identify another package arriving today but the tracking number ends in GB. The only thing I'm expecting from the UK is IQ's Wake LP. It was supposed to be available in January.......wait.....It's February tomorrow?!?!?
    Guess I need to think about taking down the Christmas decorations.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I actually hadn't noticed that Froislie was "only" a guest on I & II - I assumed he was a core member. I guess I should have taken a closer look at the credits (if they weren't so hard to read I probably would have.). Do we have anything on video yet? Did they "do" videos? I'll take a look...

Meanwhile, here's some young Lars Frederick Froislie for you (on a lot of keys!):

Very cool! This was the first song I ever heard from Wobbler.

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    And I'm surprised Lars Fredrik Froislie isn't one of the very special guests like on the first two.
    I noticed last night that Froisle does get a credit for “Additional Guitar” on Book III! Phew!

I noticed last night that Froisle does get a credit for “Additional Guitar” on Book III! Phew!
    It’s definitely less keyboard-noteworthy than its brothers.

I didn’t realize he even played guitar. Figured it would’ve shown up on his solo album from last year.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Finally listening to Songs Part 1 after finally getting over the cringe I felt over the band's name.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Finally listening to Songs Part 1 after finally getting over the cringe I felt over the band's name.
    Haha. Yes, normally I wouldn't touch band and album names like this with a 10-foot pole, but these guys make it work, I think. A nice retro, but energetic addition to my collection.

Neil

The Chronicles of Father Robin - The Songs & Tales of Areolae
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

I think Book III has one of the longest album titles I’ve seen!

I think Book III has one of the longest album titles I’ve seen!
    Is it longer than the movie title: The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies (1964)??

Neil

Just ordered this lot. I have enjoyed the Wobbler albums I picked up recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarkus View Post
    Very cool! This was the first song I ever heard from Wobbler.
    vocals remind me of Fruupp.

Book Two has arrived and I do think this is a wonderful album- some great tunes and sounds! Really looking forward to the other bits.