Thread: Regrets

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

Regrets

I want to apologize for things I did a while back that were wrong by people. Not talking opinions but things that when I have been sitting alone thinking about it, I should not have done them, such as suggesting this as a place people could ask about computers.
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 10-28-2023 at 06:36 PM. Reason: I am a total chucklefuck
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Jen, your heart is clear to see. All is good. I know I've done similarly (not on this forum) where I regret what I wrote in the heat of the moment. I'm sure folks are fine with you. Oh, and welcome back!

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Thank you!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

As I get older, will be 70 in a couple of days, I look back and regret a lot of things I've said and done, even though many would say you've got to make mistakes in order to grow up. Still I feel bad about hurting some people, even if they don't think they've been hurt or see it the way I do. I understand your feelings, Jen.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I've lost track of how many stupid things I've said and only hope no one took something bad I said to heart. We can only hope to become wiser as we get older and hopefully act in more positive, beneficial ways. It's easy to get trapped in that state of mind where you sit around cringing when you think of the past. Better to just try to own it, then forget it, and move forward.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    As I get older, will be 70 in a couple of days, I look back and regret a lot of things I've said and done, even though many would say you've got to make mistakes in order to grow up. Still I feel bad about hurting some people, even if they don't think they've been hurt or see it the way I do. I understand your feelings, Jen.
    Since about 30 onwards I feel fairly good about myself, but I have a lot of regrets about things I said and did in my teens & 20’s. I became a better person after my wife and I got married, but the way I sometimes treated my parents, girlfriends, friends, and some of the things I did (theft, vandalism, deception) when I was young I would do over if I could.