Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Porcupine Tree: Closure/Continuation Live out on December 8, 2023

Smallest show I ever saw PT play was at The Shell club in the Trump Marina in Atlantic City in 2007. No more than 300 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie87 View Post
    For those interested, Amazon UK has a signed version of the BR/DVD set.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Influential...tag=shtv.uk-21

The description on this listing no longer states that it is a signed set. So I don't know what happens for those that ordered when it still said that. Apologies if this messes anyone up.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by marblesmike View Post
    Smallest show I ever saw PT play was at The Shell club in the Trump Marina in Atlantic City in 2007. No more than 300 people.
    I saw them performing live during the "Sky Moves..." period and it was even less than that.

My Blu Ray came today and managed to play the whole thing this afternoon as the wind & rain went crazy under darkening skies outside. Thumbs up but a little disappointed by the sonics of the stereo soundtrack, might just be me?

I got shipping notification for my "deluxe box set". Oh boy!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ Me too - from Wilson's official store, which is where I assume yours is from.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Any chance the CD/BR version will come back in stock at some point?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    My BR/DVD copy from Amazon arrived today and I was duly informed that I have to wait for Santa to give it to me.

I noticed that sometime after I ordered it a month ago, a warning was slapped on the item:
    Playback Region B/2 : This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
    I'm pretty sure this is yet another Amazon screwup, since this logo is on the back:

abclogo.jpg

Ember
    My copy was “expected” today. Shipped from Indiana, arrived at Horsham PA (a couple of miles away). Now it’s in Austin TX. “Expected” next Tuesday. Oh, Amazon. Oh, UPS.
    "I have not yet begun to procrastinate."

My copy of BR/DVD is supposedly on the way, looking forward to it.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

The album is out on Bandcamp and Spotify.

Great to hear PT live again. It's been quite a time since hearing them live, both on an album and in person.

Last edited by Zeph; 12-13-2023 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Such a damn good song. Brought back memories of the show I saw in Dallas.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Having now listened to this...I don't think I'll be rushing out if the CD set is reissued. It's fine, but doesn't really raise above that for me. Wilson's voice also seems to be a bit weary at this stage of the game as well.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Wilson's voice also seems to be a bit weary at this stage of the game as well.
    It's late stage Hipsterism setting in.

His voice got a bit rough on the later songs I thought, but I don’t know if that was related to age, health or strain.

Having watched some of this again this afternoon I am rather underwhelmed. I thought the version of Sleep Together for example included on SW's last live at the RAH Blu Ray was far superior. This all seems a bit flat, going through the motions etc. Hopefully others will enjoy it more than me..

I lost the bubble on this release for some reason (despite traveling to Toronto for the opening night of the tour lol). For the 2cd/br edition, are the only sources Townsend and Burning Shed? And the vinyl edition?

I don't watch much in the way of dvd/br anymore, but still listen to (and collect) cds and vinyl. So I want either the cd or vinyl edition (and would be happy if they ever released a standalone cd version of this album).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Having watched some of this again this afternoon I am rather underwhelmed. I thought the version of Sleep Together for example included on SW's last live at the RAH Blu Ray was far superior. This all seems a bit flat, going through the motions etc. Hopefully others will enjoy it more than me..
    I think it is a mixed bag.

Harridan is better here than on the studio album. Fear of a BP is also great. But there are a number of songs that do not reach these heights.

Oh Drive the Hearse is great too!

Goog live album. I like it. It feels really authentic.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie87 View Post
    I lost the bubble on this release for some reason (despite traveling to Toronto for the opening night of the tour lol). For the 2cd/br edition, are the only sources Townsend and Burning Shed? And the vinyl edition?

I don't watch much in the way of dvd/br anymore, but still listen to (and collect) cds and vinyl. So I want either the cd or vinyl edition (and would be happy if they ever released a standalone cd version of this album).
    Townsend's shipping is slow as molasses! After my copy of this started its journey, I ordered the new Gabriel album from Burning Shed, and it arrived today. Meanwhile I think my copy of C/C Live is still in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Townsend's shipping is slow as molasses! After my copy of this started its journey, I ordered the new Gabriel album from Burning Shed, and it arrived today. Meanwhile I think my copy of C/C Live is still in the UK.
    Strange, I ordered the vinyl at the weekend and it came a few days later (In the UK.)

It arrived today! A little whining often speeds it along. It spent some time in Customs, so that's something your vinyl didn't have to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It arrived today! A little whining often speeds it along. It spent some time in Customs, so that's something your vinyl didn't have to endure.
    Nope, it came around 140 miles from Townsend... which is based in the area I grew up in (Burnley, Lancashire). Townsend also have a shop in a nice little Lancashire town called Clitheroe, complete with medieval castle, which I visit when I'm up North seeing family. (They also have one in a depressing town near Blackburn, or at least they did a few years back.)

^ Nice!