Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Steve Hackett "The Circus and The Nightwhale"

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    I have not looked at the set list but I will for sure. Dropping Supper would be welcome to me... and frankly most everything thing else he has been playing year after year. I love Steve and will not miss his shows but a tune like Blood on the Rooftops has never been played on the West coast legs of his tours at least not that I can remember. It's one on my favorire Genesis tunes and would have loved to seen that live. And a tune like Nomads, to me it is his version of Can Utility by Genesis. It encapsulates everything about him... and to the best of my knowledge Nomads has never been played live. Looking forward to his take on the Lamb tunes... just hope the rest or most of the rest of the show is new as well.
    Wasn't "Nomads" the old Genesis song he reconstructed with permission? If so, I saw that in Akron or Cleveland on one of his tours. If not, I may be confusing it with a different song.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Wasn't "Nomads" the old Genesis song he reconstructed with permission? If so, I saw that in Akron or Cleveland on one of his tours. If not, I may be confusing it with a different song.
    No, that was Deja Vu. Nomads was on Out of the Tunnel's Mouth and featured Chris Squire (prior to their teaming up for the Squackett album).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    No, that was Deja Vu. Nomads was on Out of the Tunnel's Mouth and featured Chris Squire (prior to their teaming up for the Squackett album).
    Thanks. Wasn't sure at all when I posted.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    I have not looked at the set list but I will for sure. Dropping Supper would be welcome to me... and frankly most everything thing else he has been playing year after year. I love Steve and will not miss his shows but a tune like Blood on the Rooftops has never been played on the West coast legs of his tours at least not that I can remember. It's one on my favorire Genesis tunes and would have loved to seen that live. And a tune like Nomads, to me it is his version of Can Utility by Genesis. It encapsulates everything about him... and to the best of my knowledge Nomads has never been played live. Looking forward to his take on the Lamb tunes... just hope the rest or most of the rest of the show is new as well.
    Nomads isn't on the live album that came out after Out of the Tunnel's Mouth? I feel like I must have heard him play it live, maybe at NEARfest or on Cruise to the Edge maybe? I agree it's a great song, and he should be playing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yeah I've seen some pretty over-the-top reviews for this one, with more hyperbole than usual. I mean, we all know the usual suspects who give everything an automatic 8.5 to 9.5 out of 10, as though every album that's released is on par with the Crimson Kings and Selling Englands, but even comments I'm seeing on social media from individuals with no agenda are praising this one to the skies.
    On Rate Your Music, there are only four other albums in Hackett’s entire catalog that get rated lower than this latest. Whatever certain reviewers might think, the people at large are pretty lukewarm on this one.