Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member - New song - 16-minute Prog-rock Space Opera

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Dann knows this no doubt, but the only AI with his video is the video itself. Using programming to build the music isn't really AI. It's just a natural progression from things like step sequencers. But the capabilities now are substantially greater.

But really, the music and production are all Dann, and that's where I'm most interested and impressed :-)
    Agree with that. I would like to use AI to play my music let's say more in a human way.

Well, I figured that this would create some "discussion" and all discussion is good :^). It's nice to see so many creative and passionate people in this group. And glad to see it pointed out that only the video is AI. The voice is a VST like any other VST (a discussion in itself) except you also program phonemes to create words - with lots of hand-tweaking to create the expressions - like a solo violin. All tools to let creative people who can't play or hire musicians or orchestras - actually express themselves with music. I never even dreamed of this back in the 70s when I first picked up a bass guitar.

And I *have* done songs with real singers and hand animation. This piece was done with a talented Portland singer names Terry Untalan and animated in AfterEffects in VR180. It took months and lots of processing time and $ to hire Terry - and it was lots of fun to do (you don't need a VR headset to watch it).

YouTube channel with original songs created with SynthV vocal instrument: www.youtube.com/@Synergy_V
    YouTube channel with Astrophotography videos and original New Age music: www.youtube.com/@backyarduniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    I hope so

why not tho?

sure. i guess i'm gonna visit this forum less frequently from now on
    Man. Please don't act so hasty. You obviously are totally turned off by AI but surely the PE forum is about more than just one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by clivey View Post
    Man. Please don't act so hasty. You obviously are totally turned off by AI but surely the PE forum is about more than just one thread.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    What I don't want to see, but know is going to happen with AI is it will be used by Corporate Record Labels to produce garbage with no soul, but shiny graphics that pop, and mind numbing beats, which the general populace will eat up like sugar saturated pastries from the local Starbucks. Music with no soul.
    The labels didn't need A.I. to do that -- there is such a sameness to current music, lacking creativity and soul. But perhaps it's necessary for that to happen so that the resulting backlash will generate interesting music; however, the ongoing popularity of dull rap and hip-hop does suggest otherwise.

Now get off my lawn!