Thread: New member - New song - 16-minute Prog-rock Space Opera

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New member - New song - 16-minute Prog-rock Space Opera

Hi all. Dann Parks, new member here. For prog fans, I'd like to share a new original 16-minute Prog-rock Space Opera - in the style of 70s Yes, Genesis, and ELP. I'm an old guy and got hooked on progressive rock in the early 70s. Played in some garage bands but nothing serious. Being retired now I can spend more time on music. Since I can't sing, I have been experimenting with the latest generation of vocal instruments and have been surprised with the results. This is sung by a voice called Natalie through software called Synthesizer V. There is no AI here, all the vocal expressions and timing are programmed on a MIDI timeline, like a VST instrument. 70's era prog-rock instruments - Mini Moog, Rickenbacker Bass, Roland Jupiter synth, Shreddage3 Strat, etc. Most of it is in 7/4 Lydian mode, but some in 4/4 and 6/4 Minor keys. The video was created with the Kaiber AI tool. The video gets a bit wild at times, but that's what comes out of Kaiber and I thought it fit the song. If you're reading this far, you must be a prog-rock fan, so have a seat and come along on a journey to the stars, and a trip down musical memory lane. Thanks for taking a look. Comments/discussions on YT welcomed too.

Last edited by SynergyV; 11-21-2023 at 06:33 PM.
    YouTube channel with original songs created with SynthV vocal instrument: www.youtube.com/@Synergy_V
    YouTube channel with Astrophotography videos and original New Age music: www.youtube.com/@backyarduniverse