Thread: Excuse my ignorance but how do I get full size images in posts?

Excuse my ignorance but how do I get full size images in posts?

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question.

I know it's possible (or at least it was possible) to include a decent sized image in posts.

I've been looking through the PE documentation, searching threads and googling vBulletin forums but I can't figure out how it's done.

I've recently used the upload to add a picture to a post. I got a thumbnail - that was ok - but clicking that opened a much smaller version of what I uploaded. It was basically unusable.

Perhaps the size limit for uploaded pictures has been reduced?

The documentation advises that there is also an img tag but that seems to use a URL and I don't understand how it would work.

If it is still possible to include decent sized images in posts then could someone please explain how it's done?

(somewhat shamefacedly I will admit that I have worked in IT for over 40 years)
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

I have found that linking to a hosted photo file ( the URL ) and not checking the Retrieve remote file and reference locally box will do that for you.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain