Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
Big Big Train announced: "Big Big Train will continue with a line-up of Alberto Bravin, Nick D’Virgilio, Oskar Holldorff, Clare Lindley, Rikard Sjöblom and Gregory Spawton."
I understand this lineup is for studio work only. There are so many talented musicians in this band that it sometimes sounds like they are struggling to find parts for everyone on the albums. It's probably better for them to carry on with a reduced lineup in the studio. Rikard can play all the lead guitar parts and they can always hire a guest if they need a more technical solo or a different feel.

I may be wrong, but for live work I think they will need another guitar player. Rikard has a lot to do between guitar and keyboards, and my understanding is that the US tour was a tremendous amount of work for him, being the only lead guitar player onstage for the first time in BBT. I don't see Rikard staying in this configuration as the only lead guitar player live with occasional support from Alberto. Apart from the pressure on Rikard, I'm not sure that would allow them to recreate the original arrangements, which is what they usually aim for. I suspect they might use Maria Barbieri again, without making her a full member, she was very good when I saw her with them last year. Or they might use someone else. But I would be surprised if they didn't hire a live guitar player for future gigs.