Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Baseball 2024

In his last eleven at bats Cowser has had five home runs.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2 Days Ago at 12:40 AM.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Mr. Judge is flirting with the triple crown. His numbers are actually better now than they were during his historic run to 62 HRs. Batting .310, 30 HR, 79 RBI before the end of freaking June. He has an outside chance at 90 RBIs before the break.
    Judge has almost zero chance of the triple crown. Very soon Steven Kwan will have enough AB to qualify, and last I saw, he was hitting north of .380.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Judge has almost zero chance of the triple crown. Very soon Steven Kwan will have enough AB to qualify, and last I saw, he was hitting north of .380.
    Well he did spend June hitting .409 with 11 homers with 37 RBIs, ending the month with 31/82.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well he did spend June hitting .409 with 11 homers with 37 RBIs, ending the month with 31/82.
    Supremely talented player. In the conversation for best player atm. But unless Kwan gets injured and doesn't have qualifying at bats, Judge has no chance. He absolutely will not come from that far behind to win the batting crown. There's a better chance that Kwan bats .400. (And I don't expect that to happen.)

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Supremely talented player. In the conversation for best player atm. But unless Kwan gets injured and doesn't have qualifying at bats, Judge has no chance. He absolutely will not come from that far behind to win the batting crown. There's a better chance that Kwan bats .400. (And I don't expect that to happen.)
    I agree. I'm being semi-facetious.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Paul Skenes seems mature beyond his years.

Hitting sucks in MLB, League average near all time lows.

Since 1940, Brian Reynolds has the cumulative batting average for all seasons in the month of June.

Reds pay their final 3.6 million to Ken Griffey Jr today.
    Whilst the Mets ante up the 1.1 million annual Bobby Bonilla payment. Only 11 more years Mets!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Reds pay their final 3.6 million to Ken Griffey Jr today.
    Whilst the Mets ante up the 1.1 million annual Bobby Bonilla payment. Only 11 more years Mets!
    That doesn't include Bobby's 2nd payout of deferred $$ (split btwn Os and Mets) or the Mets still paying Brett Saberhagen or the Mets paying Strawberry through 2033 for his 1990 salary.

Bobby gets all the news as he sucked as a player so bad at that point when he negotiated it - that the immediate savings went to become Mike Hampton salary, who later when he left for Colorado for the "school system" - that comp pick in the draft became David Wright.

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit