Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2024

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Angel Hernandez made some shitty calls during LAD/Mets - but nowhere near as bad as his prior game. Wendelstedt has competition.....

https://umpscorecards.com/single_game/?game_id=746004
    Angel has been the MLB Leader for a long time. Not the kind of competition anyone wants though.

Not much of a crowd in the rain, but Guards roll on. 17-6 now.

How do you not call this a strike.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1165206578253049
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Juan Soto struck out on three called strikes that were each outside of the zone last night.

Looks like the O's got a gift call to end their game.

I have never seen so many games determined by bad calls as we have already seen this in this short season.

Fix this!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Looks like the O's got a gift call to end their game.
    He did look safe. Cancelling cable last year I don't get any O's games to watch. I'd like to see Henderson getting picked off third last week.

Why did we ever sign Kimbrell.

I was wondering why anyone would. He's a perfect example of a player whose stats hide what type of pitcher he is. It seems that nearly every appearance is a heart attack waiting to happen.

And that pose. I always thought it was silly.

Never like him personally, either. I mean, he's no Papelbon. But still...

How about those A's giving the two AL East leaders some headaches?

Yankees decided to take it out on the Brewers.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Kimbtell cost them both losses to the A's in the ninth inning. What ever happened to leaving the guy in who got the side out in the eighth.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Kimbtell cost them both losses to the A's in the ninth inning. What ever happened to leaving the guy in who got the side out in the eighth.
    Oh you old traditionalist you
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Elly De la Cruz might be the first in MLB history to hit 30 HRs and steal 80 bases. This kid is electric! If he can cut down on his strike outs, he's going to be special.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Went to the O's game last night against Yanks. We could have left after the O's first batter because that was pretty much the whole game. There was only one obnoxious Yankee fan and one douchebag Oriole fan that as the game wore on I wanted to pound his head into the concrete. People don't realize or don't care that there are kids sitting around them at the game with ears and a good memory. There was a little kid sitting in front of him that when he gets home his mother will ask him how the game was and his response will be "IT WAS FUCKING GREAT MOM, DID YOU KNOW THAT YANKEE FANS ARE PUSSIES, AND WHAT IS A VAGINA". Then we had the pageant queen from Essex constantly trying to start the "YANKEES SUCK" cheer the whole night. You have to be from Baltimore to understand the Essex thing. The weather was great and the outfielders from both team threw balls into the stands. For being a Yankee game it was far from being a sell out. Who schedules a four game series like this in the middle of the week.

^^ You saw a clunker of a game.

At least the O's got more hits tonight than the Yankees with their win.

^^ Yankees brought their GIDP clown show to Baltimore, it seems.

^^ Yankees brought their GIDP clown show to Baltimore, it seems.
    I still can't figure out why they didn't pull Stanton for a pinch runner in the first game.

^^ Because Boone is a terrible in-game manager. Worst I've ever seen.

^^ Because Boone is a terrible in-game manager. Worst I've ever seen.
    That could have changed the whole outcome of the game.

One bad pitch.

O's overcame a lackluster performance yesterday to maintain first place in AL East.

Yankees showed this week that they can beat up weak pitching and sputter against good pitching. They also demonstrated their propensity to hit into DPs, as they are leading the league and on a record pace.

Judge has been lost and must be hurt. Torres is a low-IQ player and straddling the Mendoza Line, and they have a second-rate manager. They only partially clicked for a short while. Yet, they were still the first AL team to reach 20 wins.

Pitching is solid for the most part, even without their ace. Are they the best team? No. Can they still take the division? Absolutely.

It's a long season.

Congrats to the Os and their fans for suffering all of those 100+-loss seasons to get where they are today.

Congrats to the Os and their fans for suffering all of those 100+-loss seasons to get where they are today.
    That's how they got to where they were last year and this year. They were never good at buying or enticing the best players to come to Baltimore.

BREAKING: The San Diego Padres are nearing a deal to acquire second baseman Luis Arraez from the Miami Marlins for a package of three prospects and a relief pitcher, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN. The trade is in medical review but is expected to be finalized soon.

^ Is that good?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Is that good?
    Good question.