Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2024

Looks like they are starting to juice the balls again.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Oh, FFS!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Orioles got a gift interference call last night to end their game after nearly blowing their lead. I realize it was technically a legal call, but it was beyond silly and had ZERO effect on the play. Just bad baseball, IMO.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

^^^^^^^^^^
    That was a bad call, the crew chief should have taken over and made the right call.

^^ Apparently, the call was technically a good one and not not one where an umpire is allowed to make a judgment call. I could understand if the runner was out of the base path. The odd thing is that they called the infield fly rule, so how could interference come into play if the batter is already out?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    ^^ Apparently, the call was technically a good one and not not one where an umpire is allowed to make a judgment call. I could understand if the runner was out of the base path. The odd thing is that they called the infield fly rule, so how could interference come into play if the batter is already out?
    What if there was a guy on first and the first baseman started to run for the pop up, could they have called a triple play.

Seattle Mariners are sitting atop of the AL West with a run differential of -9.

The eons are closing
    Great day for baseball - my son and I were at Citi Field today; and for 8 innings today - it was a great baseball day, until it was most assuredly not.

We might have to switch our season tix back to our old seats if this keeps up.....

Edit: We switched to these seats as Alonso hits over 50% of his home HR into this section; and we are big fans of Pete in Casa Shark
    Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Coming into tonight's game, Aaron Judge is having one of the best months in recent memory. His 27 barrels are already the most in a calendar month during the Statcast Era (since 2015). Among hitters with 75 plate appearances, his 1.475 OPS is 262 points clear of the next closest player (the Astros' Kyle Tucker), and Judge's .942 slugging percentage is third-best in any month since 2015.

And, of course, tonight, he hit a two-run dinger (#17) in his first AB. That's four straight games.

O's pitch one hitter and win 4-1. Damn home run.

The Braves announce Ronald Acuña Jr. has suffered a complete tear of the ACL in his left knee. He will miss the remainder of the 2024 season.

Tough news.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Huzzah!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Bases loaded and no outs and you can't score at least one run.

Only one team in the AL West has a positive run diff, and that is Texas with a plus one only because they won 6-1 today. They are in second place.

This is getting pathetic with the infield fly rule.

^^ Another awful call.

Looks like Yankee rookie starter Luis Gil will be the pitcher of the month. Gil is 6-0 for the month, and allowed just three runs across 38 ²/₃ innings, good for a 0.70 ERA. Along the way, he struck out 44 and walked 12 while opponents hit just .109 (14-for-129) against him.

I suspect Mr. Judge might be player of the month.

Orioles just lost two starting pitchers to operations. Means just came back from having Tommy John and is lost again.

Aaron Judge just completed a historic month of May after hitting two more HRs last night. That's 14 HRs and 12 doubles for the month, equaling the record for most extra base hits in May by a guy named Ty Cobb, who did the same thing 104 years ago.

Screenshot_20240601_060132_X.jpg

The Giants bats for most of this year...

Quote Originally Posted by markowitz View Post
    Screenshot_20240601_060132_X.jpg

The Giants bats for most of this year...
    Haven't they just won like 7 series in a row?

Not that many, they just got above 500 and your Yankees are pushing them back down. Hitting has always been a problem the last 5 years where they go through these long dry spells. It's true that recently they started to hit on the road. Maybe I was unfair.

Do I even have to say it? Judge opens tonight's game with a 464-foot blast.

I'm not trying to fanboy you guys to death. But this is a historic run he's on. I've never seen anything like it outside of the steroid era.

We won't Judge you. Wish we had somebody like that. Webb is one of our best Arms. Before the game started the Giants pre-game said the keys to the game were anybody but Judge. People will start walking him like they did Bonds. Maybe not with the bases loaded but still..

That was too good of a pitch on a 3-2 count with him being on a tear.
    Last edited by markowitz; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:28 PM.

The Texas Rangers are making it look like child's play against the Marlins. Beyond embarrassing.