Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2024

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Do I even have to say it? Judge opens tonight's game with a 464-foot blast.

I'm not trying to fanboy you guys to death. But this is a historic run he's on. I've never seen anything like it outside of the steroid era.
    He is on a real heater. Having a 1, 2 punch with Soto with occasional help from Stanton and gang make them dangerous. But the real eye opener is the pitching staff. As long as they can stay off the IL...

Another interference call against the O's batter at home plate. Heard about it on the radio after it happened but from what the announcers were saying it should not have been called because the batter had no place to go. Must have pissed off the O's because they scored four runs after the incident.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Luis Gil is the first pitcher since 1901 to throw 6 innings with 5 H or fewer and 1 R or fewer in seven straight games.

He now leads the league in ERA after becoming Pitcher of the Month and Rookie of the Month for May going 6-0 with a 0.70 ERA. He picked up in June right where he left off allowing one hit in 6 innings.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

SCREW YOU KIMBREL

I LOVE Kimbrel ...

... because he's not on my team.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Interesting stat I just saw posted:

Giancarlo Stanton AVG / OBP / SLG
    .232 / .281 / .498 .779 OPS

Luis Arraez
    .335 / .373 / .402 .776 OPS

Jeezus. The Marlins announcers are still calling us the Indians. Now they're falling over each other trying to explain the faux pas.

Looks like they used Tom Brady balls in Dodgers/Yanks game last night.

O's are the first team to hit 100 home runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    O's are the first team to hit 100 home runs.
    Juiced

Juiced
    Short right field fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Short right field fence.
    LOL! For both teams.

Guards putting up crooked numbers against Vic's Fish.

One of the nicest catches in center field I've seen in a while say hey kid
    https://x.com/SportsCenter/status/17...y4Z2wNSWw&s=19

And the kid hit a three-run homer top of the 9th a half inning before that catch! That's a good day.

Don't look now, but Aaron Judge is putting together a better June than he had in his historic May. He was named the American League Player of the Week on Monday after batting .500 with a 1.830 OPS in his past six games. He leads the league in almost all major offensive categories after having a dismal April. He's currently on pace for 58 HRs.

This is fun.

Don't look now, but Aaron Judge is putting together a better June than he had in his historic May. He was named the American League Player of the Week on Monday after batting .500 with a 1.830 OPS in his past six games. He leads the league in almost all major offensive categories after having a dismal April. He's currently on pace for 58 HRs.

This is fun.
    He's starting to put up stickball numbers!

^ He's even caught Hosie for the RBI lead.

Tanner Bibee is mowing down the Reds. One hit and 11 strikeouts through 5 innings. Unfortunately, the only hit was a home run, but the Guardians have scratched out a lead.

And then it unraveled.

Bosox stole nine bases against NY last night, a franchise record. Word it out that they can be beat on the bases.

I gotta say, I still find the "Yankees Suck" chants quite rich coming from fans of a team that is 12 games behind them.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Bosox stole nine bases against NY last night, a franchise record. Word it out that they can be beat on the bases.

I gotta say, I still find the "Yankees Suck" chants quite rich coming from fans of a team that is 12 games behind them.
    It's got nothing to do with their record they just suck in general terms.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It's got nothing to do with their record they just suck in general terms.
    LOL!

RIP Willie Mays.

The Say Hey Kid.

I almost saw him play. The first game I ever went to was in Philly at the Vet in '72. The Phillies were playing the Giants, but Willie only warmed up in the outfield, which, luckily, was right in front of us.

A few days later, he was a Met.