Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Baseball 2024

Padres just lost Musgrove to Tommy John.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

KC has to stop walking players and MLB has to stop cheating for the Yankees.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    KC has to stop walking players and MLB has to stop cheating for the Yankees.
    100% predictable whiner. You could use a few lessons in humility.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    100% predictable whiner. You could use a few lessons in humility.
    What do YOU call it when a runner is out stealing and the review board, which is in New York, calls him safe and he is the eventual winning run.
    Last edited by Shadow; 16 Hours Ago at 11:23 PM.

What do YOU call when a runner is out stealing and the review board, which is in New York, calls him safe and he is the eventual winning run.
    When I looked at it objectively (which is a concept that escapes your little mind), I saw his heel against the side of the bag as the tag was applied. At best, it looked like a tie. It was clearly not conclusive enough to overturn.

It was an ugly game from the beginning. Not a model for teaching. The Yankees did not look good. But, neither did the Royals.

You need to grow up and not call everything that goes against your wishes a conspiracy. It got old a very long time ago and, quite honestly, I don't know why I even bother engaging you over it, except for the fact that it irritates you and makes me chuckle. You see, it's people like you who would have kept the rest of us from rooting for the Orioles (a young and exciting team with a bright future) if they happened to make it to the WS.

Like I stated before, you could use a few lessons in humility.

Any predictions? I'm not crazy enough to venture how any team will perform. Their fans are more predictable, though.

Okay, I'll take a stab. The Yankees will either go all the way or get bounced in the first round. I wouldn't be surprised, either way.
    There are no great teams this year so it should make for some interesting series. Early season Clay Holmes and Cinderella season Luke Weaver led an impressive Yankee bullpen tonight. Yanks could be formidable if the bullpen dominates like they have at times this season. Speaking of Cinderella, is it that time for Detroit as Cleveland was tough this year. The Mets keep playing until the Fat Lady sings. And there is a great series there is a great series brewing in California.

So of course, I’ll predict the Yanks! But seriously it’s a coin toss this year.

When I looked at it objectively (which is a concept that escapes your little mind), I saw his heel against the side of the bag as the tag was applied. At best, it looked like a tie. It was clearly not conclusive enough to overturn.

It was an ugly game from the beginning. Not a model for teaching. The Yankees did not look good. But, neither did the Royals.

You need to grow up and not call everything that goes against your wishes a conspiracy. It got old a very long time ago and, quite honestly, I don't know why I even bother engaging you over it, except for the fact that it irritates you and makes me chuckle. You see, it's people like you who would have kept the rest of us from rooting for the Orioles (a young and exciting team with a bright future) if they happened to make it to the WS.

Like I stated before, you could use a few lessons in humility.
    Why do you think they didn't take the time to review the Orioles batter who was hit by the pitch. If you knew the rules the batter should have been awarded first base and the runners advance and tie the game. MLB wants Ohtani vs King Kong in the world series so the Orioles got screwed.

Why do you think they didn't take the time to review the Orioles batter who was hit by the pitch. If you knew the rules the batter should have been awarded first base and the runners advance and tie the game. MLB wants Ohtani vs King Kong in the world series so the Orioles got screwed.
    Even the Orioles' announcers said it was the right call. He swung into the ball. It's no different than leaning into it, which is against the rules, except for the fact that, instead of being a deliberate attempt to get hit, it was simply a terrible swing.

Get over it. Football season is in full swing and you have another season's worth of "conspiracies" to whine about, which I'm sure you're already doing in the NFL thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    There are no great teams this year so it should make for some interesting series. Early season Clay Holmes and Cinderella season Luke Weaver led an impressive Yankee bullpen tonight. Yanks could be formidable if the bullpen dominates like they have at times this season. Speaking of Cinderella, is it that time for Detroit as Cleveland was tough this year. The Mets keep playing until the Fat Lady sings. And there is a great series there is a great series brewing in California.

So of course, I’ll predict the Yanks! But seriously it’s a coin toss this year.
    I agree. I fear that Judge is Mr. June. Stanton's "base running" cost them two runs last night, and Boone's in-game managing was good at times, and questionable at others. I'm not crazy enough to bet.

Even the Orioles' announcers said it was the right call. He swung into the ball. It's no different than leaning into it, which is against the rules, except for the fact that, instead of being a deliberate attempt to get hit, it was simply a terrible swing.

Get over it. Football season is in full swing and you have another season's worth of "conspiracies" to whine about, which I'm sure you're already doing in the NFL thread.
    Once the batter is hit by the pitch it is a dead play and everything that happens after he is hit doesn't count, he can hit a home run or swing at the ball, as long as what happened occurred after he was hit. I looked at the replay you posted and it appears the batter was hit before the bat 100% crossed the plate, therefore no swing. he was also trying to hold back and get out of the way, but with a broken your ability to check a swing is hampered so the bat followed through after he was hit and it was a dead play. They needed to review the play to get it right, but after last night's review they have just become a joke like pass interference reviews in the NFL. What happened happened and they won't change things, this is why if a runner tries to steal home and the pitcher can't get him out he throws at the batter for a dead ball play.

Once the batter is hit by the pitch it is a dead play and everything that happens after he is hit doesn't count, he can hit a home run or swing at the ball, as long as what happened occurred after he was hit. I looked at the replay you posted and it appears the batter was hit before the bat 100% crossed the plate, therefore no swing. he was also trying to hold back and get out of the way, but with a broken your ability to check a swing is hampered so the bat followed through after he was hit and it was a dead play. They needed to review the play to get it right, but after last night's review they have just become a joke like pass interference reviews in the NFL. What happened happened and they won't change things, this is why if a runner tries to steal home and the pitcher can't get him out he throws at the batter for a dead ball play.
    Keep dreaming, Ed.

HkW384E.jpg

The heel is clearly against the bag. It was painfully close, but not conclusive enough to overturn the call on the field.