Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can - Live in Paris 1973 coming Feb 23

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    A quick search on the internet suggests “Can Live in Keele 1977” will be released on August 16. I cannot find any track information, or more pertinently track lengths as no doubt they will be listed in the usual way as Eins, Zwei etc.

I am feeling a bit more enthused about this latest offering in the “live” series than I was about six months ago. The “Live in Aston” album of a few weeks ago was far better than I expected. It is not the sonic assault of the earlier five releases, excellent though they were. But the quieter mood on “Live in Aston”, along with Rosko Gee’s steadier bass patterns, gives greater room for Schmidt’s keyboards and more reflective guitar from Karoli. Liebezeit is admittedly under-utilised and Czukay’s shortwave radio offerings are too buried in the background to be of much use (although it was good to hear snatches of his samples from the solo track “Persian Love”). But overall I enjoyed Aston and it has led me to revisit the later studio material the band put out – “Saw Delight” and “Flow Motion” – which I had previously disregarded. Keele was recorded two days before the Aston concert so expect much of the same here.
    I caved the other day and bought all the CDs in one shot. Digital was ok but these deserve to be fondled. LOL
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    A quick search on the internet suggests “Can Live in Keele 1977” will be released on August 16. I cannot find any track information, or more pertinently track lengths as no doubt they will be listed in the usual way as Eins, Zwei etc.
    Apparently Irmin Schmidt has said this will be the final archival release.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx