Thread: My new interview with Steve Hackett!

My new interview with Steve Hackett!

Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Very, very nicely done! I enjoyed getting all the details for each track on the new album, which I was listening to just now via YouTube. I'd been wondering who was singing on Taking You Down and thought, "It could be Nad, but it doesn't sound like him at all." But it WAS him, as it turns out. The stories behind each song are quite revealing. He describes the music industry as the circus, which was probably obvious to most but still apropos.

Folks, it won't be a surprise to hear, but there's some KILLER guitarwork on this! Also, all of the vocals come off better than usual on this record.

You know, I'd been a bit down on Steve Hackett's solo work for a while because it seemed he'd been repeating himself a lot. Certain styles, sounds, and production values used over the past 15 years or so had been rendering his solo work too "samey" for me. There remains a little bit of that here; however, listening from start to finish, this record is solid and may be the best since To Watch the Storms. Right from the first complete listen, I enjoyed it far more than most of his post-2000 work.

I think people need to give this album a chance, but to do that, they need to listen from start to finish because it just flows so well.

Thanks again for the interview!

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Very, very nicely done! I enjoyed getting all the details for each track on the new album, which I was listening to just now via YouTube. I'd been wondering who was singing on Taking You Down and thought, "It could be Nad, but it doesn't sound like him at all." But it WAS him, as it turns out. The stories behind each song are quite revealing. He describes the music industry as the circus, which was probably obvious to most but still apropos.

Folks, it won't be a surprise to hear, but there's some KILLER guitarwork on this! Also, all of the vocals come off better than usual on this record.

You know, I'd been a bit down on Steve Hackett's solo work for a while because it seemed he'd been repeating himself a lot. Certain styles, sounds, and production values used over the past 15 years or so had been rendering his solo work too "samey" for me. There remains a little bit of that here; however, listening from start to finish, this record is solid and may be the best since To Watch the Storms. Right from the first complete listen, I enjoyed it far more than most of his post-2000 work.

I think people need to give this album a chance, but to do that, they need to listen from start to finish because it just flows so well.

Thanks again for the interview!
    Thank you! My pleasure! Steve & I love yakkin'!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    Thank you! My pleasure! Steve & I love yakkin'!
    Saw Steve Hackett in KC a week or so ago at Uptown theater. I found myself enjoying some of his recent work. I think his latest album is a step-up
    from his recent ones. The second half of the show with the entire Foxtrot album was very well done. Steve and his band are true pros and the music
    sounded fantastic. For an hour or so, I was transported back fifty years. If you get a chance to see Steve don't pass it up.
    Welcome to PE. If you want to watch old men argue about old musicians, you've come to the right place!

jamesmanzi