Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The 2024 NFL discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Wait until the full schedule comes out Wednesday!! Short week back to back AFC North road games is my prediction!!! lol

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    They do have the second toughest schedule.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

2024 Christmas Day Games EXCLUSIVELY on Netfix

“On Dec. 25, 2024, we’ll be the global home of the NFL’s two Christmas Day marquee games. And mark your calendar for Christmas Day in 2025 and 2026 when we’ll be streaming at least one holiday game each year as part of this three-season deal”

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I HATE this trend of taking sporting events that used to be on free TV, and later were on various local and network sports channels that a sports fan might subscribe to, and moving them exclusively to general entertainment-based streaming-only services.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I HATE this trend of taking sporting events that used to be on free TV, and later were on various local and network sports channels that a sports fan might subscribe to, and moving them exclusively to general entertainment-based streaming-only services.
    It is probably the future of all sports, but I agree that it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    “On Dec. 25, 2024, we’ll be the global home of the NFL’s two Christmas Day marquee games. And mark your calendar for Christmas Day in 2025 and 2026 when we’ll be streaming at least one holiday game each year as part of this three-season deal”
    Chiefs at Steelers is one of them. Thanks NFL for scheduling this 4 days after Pitt plays at Baltimore.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Yep. Shocking how the consumer always loses with this system.

One day it'll be enough to drive me to stop caring about football, or whatever sport we are talking about. And that day may be fast approaching.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Chiefs at Steelers is one of them. Thanks NFL for scheduling this 4 days after Pitt plays at Baltimore.
    Ravens and Texans is the other.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post

One day it'll be enough to drive me to stop caring about football,
    I'm almost there (not caring).

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    All of this reminds me so much of how big-event boxing went from being one of the most popular and visible sports events to being relegated basically to a niche market partially because Closed-Circuit and (eventually) Pay Per View broadcasts became the norm instead of having events broadcast on over-the-air networks. Of course, streaming services are more accessible and, one could argue, more affordable, but at the point where you need not only the free over the air channels but also...

-Netflix
    -Amazon Prime
    -Peacock
    -ESPN
    -ESPN+

...in order to watch all of the nationally broadcast games it really has become too much.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    All of this reminds me so much of how big-event boxing went from being one of the most popular and visible sports events to being relegated basically to a niche market partially because Closed-Circuit and (eventually) Pay Per View broadcasts became the norm instead of having events broadcast on over-the-air networks. Of course, streaming services are more accessible and, one could argue, more affordable, but at the point where you need not only the free over the air channels but also...

-Netflix
    -Amazon Prime
    -Peacock
    -ESPN
    -ESPN+

...in order to watch all of the nationally broadcast games it really has become too much.
    Yup, and it basically killed boxing. I grew up in one of the golden ages of boxing, but I could not tell you who the heavyweight champ is these days.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    It would be different if they put it all on one streaming service. But they spread it out, trying to force NFL fans to subscribe to multiple services. They want us to go back in time when we had cable or satellite, paying for 100 channels when we only watched 20 of them. Greedy bastards.

^ I do admit I have a bit of schadenfreude for people that are cord cutters and basically now have pay per channel cable with the glut of subscription services, but this makes society worse for us all so it does ultimately make me a bit sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm almost there (not caring).
    Yeah, if things continue the way it is I can definitely see myself checking out in five years max.

Another super annoying thing they do is this monday night double header where both games start almost simultaneously, guaranteeing a miss. I don't mind what they did like a decade ago and have one start at 7 and then next at 10, but this is a really annoying trend that they've really doubled down on (no pun intended) this year.

There are free streaming apps on which you can watch all the contests of American sports, even ppv Boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    There are free streaming apps on which you can watch all the contests of American sports, even ppv Boxing.
    Please expound!

Please expound!
    You have to have somewhere to load the apps. Firestick works pretty well, even with the Amazon app clutter. There's an app called Downloader, which you can download and install on your device. That app can be used to download the other free apps. Those include IPT (live tv from around the world,) sports, and movies. The sorts one I use is called Sportsfire (the Schedule tab.) Yes, there are buffering and reconnection issues, and you'll need to have a VPN, but the range of programming on offer is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    You have to have somewhere to load the apps. Firestick works pretty well, even with the Amazon app clutter. There's an app called Downloader, which you can download and install on your device. That app can be used to download the other free apps. Those include IPT (live tv from around the world,) sports, and movies. The sorts one I use is called Sportsfire (the Schedule tab.) Yes, there are buffering and reconnection issues, and you'll need to have a VPN, but the range of programming on offer is impressive.
    Thank you so much!

The eons are closing
    Thank you so much!
    https://www.firesticktricks.com/side...firestick.html

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post

The eons are closing