Thread: New album from Tangent - To Follow Polaris

New album from Tangent - To Follow Polaris

Looks like this one is all Andy, but sounds good to my ears. New album is To Follow Polaris. Laser's Edge taking preorders.

I see a lot of inexpensive gear in the credits (Millennium e-drums, Harley Benton bass...), so I'm assuming Andy bought all of this stuff at once (from Thomann presumably), just for the purpose of making this one album. Crazy dedication.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    "The Tangent for one"

I like the song. Hopefully there'll be one about going to the pub to order a pint but they were out of the brand he wanted so he took a walk to the corner store for Skittles.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Another track from the new album:

So few reactions is very disappointing.
    From the few samples I've heard so far it's very good, one of the best Tangent records in a long time, and (maybe) among the best "modern" prog records of the year.
    Of course if you can't stand Andy's voice and/or politically aware/protest/weird lyrics this hasn't changed much and this record is not for you.
    Don't be driven back by the fact he's playing all instruments himself (actually a one-man band), most of the time It can't be noticed (except maybe for the drums sound, really the weakest point of this record).

Ordered.
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 1 Week Ago at 11:29 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I have it, as I preordered from him, but I've only given it one cursory listen. CTTOI, a listen on headphones tomorrow is a good idea. I'll let you know what I think. It sounded good, but I was distracted.

The music is is very good, as always, but Andy's singing drags the whole thing down a bit to my ears (well, as always). I have no allergy to his voice but I can't help but think he could do could use it in a more effective way (with a different mix, sometimes a slightly different flow and more attention to vocal harmonies) but it's his choice and it's part of the Tangent DNA.