Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: BEAT - Belew, Levin, Vai, Carey

I will go to that there Boston show.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I got to the Place Order screen for the Boston presale and then realized that I didn't want to pay 5x what I paid for Stick Men to see a band that I don't find more compelling than Stick Men, and bailed.

Got tix for the Copernicus Center in Chicago Nov. 1. Row G, seats 11-14. $150 per including fees. Password for the Danny Zelisko Presents presale is BEAT.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    $90 in Boston before fees, that's a pass for me.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

I'm a little surprised they're playing such comparatively large venues (not to mention the ticket prices). In D.C., for example, this seems much better suited to the Birchmere (500) than the Warner (1,800). But I wish nothing but success for the tour, those are three excellent albums to showcase!

Not coming anywhere near me of course but I hope there's a live album.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Montreal for us.

The eons are closing
    I cannot seem to buy Tix for the Beacon? Is there a code?
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Please stop crying…. If you’re not going to the show, then don’t complain! Tickets prices are high for all concerts. Pull out your cds, from KC circa 81-84… and enjoy.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    Please stop crying…. If you’re not going to the show, then don’t complain! Tickets prices are high for all concerts. Pull out your cds, from KC circa 81-84… and enjoy.
    $30 to see Stick Men a few weeks ago, not crying.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Whose crying? Just stating I'm skipping it. This is a forum, we talk stuff.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Whose crying? Just stating I'm skipping it. This is a forum, we talk stuff.
    Exactly.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Exactly.
    🙅🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    Just stating not going, nothing more. And "ticket prices are high for all concerts" Hahahaha. What planet do you live on? Recent shows in Toronto:

Horse Lords - $20
    Nik Bartsch's Ronin - $45
    Zombi - $20
    Sleepytime Gorilla Musuem (in Chicago) - $25

Beat will be be over $150 in Toronto, for what is arguably a cover band. Almost double those three Toronto shows.

Neil
    Last edited by boilk; 04-03-2024 at 11:51 AM.

I’m in for NYC and Red Bank NJ. The NJ show is very reasonably priced. NYC’s Beacon is always an expensive venue.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I cannot seem to buy Tix for the Beacon? Is there a code?
    BEATTOUR

got great seats at cost for the Keswick (be damned) show and for the 'arena' show in Reading PA. 8th row aisle left center and 13th row exact center respectively. $77 and $118

I love these records and always support Ade when he releases and tours. this will be great

Got a ticket for the CLT show on 10-1 @ The Knight Theater , seats 1,192...$46.65 total... Aisle Balcony seat, NO bad seat in the house !..saved the service fee by buying in person before the Satriani-Vai show, which by the was EXCELLENT !!!
    Last edited by beano; 04-03-2024 at 10:07 AM.

Can't make the show, got a conflict...but this HAS persuaded me to break out the three 80's albums for a revisit soon

Random/ironic: even though I think I like Beat least of the album trio, the songs Waiting Man and Sartori in Tangier might be some of my absolute favorites from the era. Just musing out loud.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Just stating not going, nothing more. And "ticket prices are high for all concerts" Hahahaha. What planet do you live on? Recent shows in Toronto:

Horse Lords - $20
    Nik Bartsch's Ronin - $45
    Zombi - $20

Beat will be be over $150 in Toronto, for a cover band. Almost double those three shows.

Neil
    They have really high prices for VIP type seating up front, but you could get $39 tickets for the show in Madison. We paid $75 for our tickets and while that is a bit more than I might have expected, I'm not bothered by it. Should be a really fun night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    They have really high prices for VIP type seating up front, but you could get $39 tickets for the show in Madison. We paid $75 for our tickets and while that is a bit more than I might have expected, I'm not bothered by it. Should be a really fun night.
    And I'm sure that it will be a really fun night. Remember, these are Canadian dollars, lol, so your $75 is our $100, right out of the gate. And Massey Hall is a different animal. They spent millions in the last year, or so, on completely updating and refurbishing it. Yes, there likely will be cheaper seats farther back in the balcony, but $39 for up here is probably a stretch.

Anyways, I'm okay missing it. I did pay $150 (one of the very few times that I have paid more than $100 for a show) to see King Crimson in the same venue several years back, but that is different than this, to me.

Neil

From Adrian via Facebook:

now that BEAT has officially been announced by Rolling Stone I would like to elaborate. how did this come about?

you may be surprised to know BEAT has been in the works for five years! here is a brief timeline of events:

in 2019, I began thinking about whether or not King Crimson might somehow tour to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Discipline, Beat, and Three Of A Perfect Pair coming in 2021.

eventually I decide to call Robert. I explain my thoughts and we have a good talk. he declines to be involved, with many legitimate reasons, but says, "if you want to 'drive it' ade, you have my support."

I call Bill Bruford and blurt out, "how would you like to be in a rock band again?!" Bill says, "and do what? sit around a luggage carousel all day?!! �� but he also gives the idea his blessing.

in the same period I am working with Scrote (aka Angelo Bundini) who produces the Celebrating David Bowie shows. now that I know it cannot be King Crimson, Scrote and I begin brainstorming. could we do this?! knowing the immensity of making that happen I immediately ask Scrote to produce it and happily he accepts. the brainstorming continues...

we feel Steve Vai is the only choice for guitarist. I had read somewhere he said he greatly admired Robert's work and he seems like he can play anything!

Scrote passes Steve's number to me. I call Steve from the parking lot of my local Publix grocery store! he surprises me by being genuinely excited about the idea!

then

COVID HITS!
    along with a 2.5 year lull.

eventually concerts begin again.

Scrote begins partnering with Miles Copeland to produce tours and invites Miles Copeland and Stevo Glendenning to be part of this new tour idea.

Scrote contacts Steve again. he is still very interested and excited but has 18 months of backdates to honor!

autumn 2023
    Steve is nearing being available so I call Robert back to tell him how things are going. he says he supports the project and suggests we call the tour BEAT.

the bass player for this tour had to be the great Tony Levin. imagine! but we knew he was touring with Peter Gabriel. when the tour ends we ask Tony and he checks to be sure that Gabriel won’t be touring during our time frame. Tony says yes! now we have two of the original members! the stars are aligning.

Danny Carey was the drummer I imagined from the start, but I figured he wouldn't be available since Tool was touring. still, I know how much music means to him.

Tool plays in Nashville in late January.
    I attend the concert and visit with Danny.
    he mentions the Tool touring is nearly over for the year. I tell him what we're doing and ask him to join. he is stunned and beaming with joy but uncertain he can.

three days later Danny calls to say he has cleared everything with his family and with Tool. (thank you!)

and BEAT begins.

the photo, taken in my studio this morning,
    reunites three of the original tools from my sonic palette of the 80's Crimson: the first Twang Bar King guitar, the Roland GR-300 guitar synth, and the Roland Jazz Chorus JC-120 amp. ❤️
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    From Adrian via Facebook:
    That is covered extensively in this interview.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbQM09t5E2c

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Got a ticket for the CLT show on 10-1 @ The Knight Theater , seats 1,192...$46.65 total... Aisle Balcony seat, NO bad seat in the house !..saved the service fee by buying in person before the Satriani-Vai show, which by the was EXCELLENT !!!
    My buddy in Winston-Salem purchased tickets for us at the Charlotte show too! Row J on the floor. He’s also going to the Dixie Dregs show in Winston ( I can’t make that one, sadly). Danny may bring Bill Bruford’s original Dragon drums on tour. He won them in the drum auction of all Bill stuff about 2.5 years back. Can’t wait!!!