Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tangerine Dream lost track ;-)

Tangerine Dream lost track ;-)

Hello, I have a released a new 19 minute track.... It's meant to be a "lost" TD track between their "Phaedra" and "Rubycon" albums.

For those of you who like the mighty mellotron, and who doesn't: you might be in for a treat!

It is in three parts: Mellotron overture, Sequencer part and slow, floating ending.

The title is: "Edgar's Mysterious Nightmare".

Hope you guys like it, let me know....

josdurkstra.bandcamp.com

No comments so far....

A little dissapointing, I mean we discuss music here right?

^ People are busy. I intend to give it a listen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    No comments so far....

A little dissapointing, I mean we discuss music here right?
    In fairness, there is a separate sub-forum for self-promotions like this (two actually, either "What's On / What's New" and the "Artists Forum." It was a little bit "clickbaity" to put "Lost TD track" as a subject and then simply post your own work.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    In fairness, there is a separate sub-forum for self-promotions like this (two actually, either "What's On / What's New" and the "Artists Forum." It was a little bit "clickbaity" to put "Lost TD track" as a subject and then simply post your own work.
    Guilty as charged..... In my defence: that's why I put the winky winky sign.

By the way I didn't know about those other forums.
    Last edited by Jos; 04-11-2024 at 03:27 PM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Very nice!

Thank you very much!

I really like what you did, reminds me of the 70's seeing Tangerine Dream. If you want a faster response you need to post a picture of a hot woman, but she can't be too hot or you will scare off most of the guys here.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I really like what you did, reminds me of the 70's seeing Tangerine Dream. If you want a faster response you need to post a picture of a hot woman, but she can't be too hot or you will scare off most of the guys here.
    Stick to vintage, like the cover of an old Penthouse. It's like bait on a hook!

Very nice vintage Berlin school inspired track. But I found the the mid-part section (with solo) closer to K.S style than period T.D.
    What kind of equipment did you used ? Is the "tron" a modern emulation ?

Hello, I have a released a new 19 minute track.... It's meant to be a "lost" TD track between their "Phaedra" and "Rubycon" albums.

For those of you who like the mighty mellotron, and who doesn't: you might be in for a treat!

It is in three parts: Mellotron overture, Sequencer part and slow, floating ending.

The title is: "Edgar's Mysterious Nightmare".

Hope you guys like it, let me know....

josdurkstra.bandcamp.com
    That's a very cool track, Jos! Softsynths? Either way, those are some dope sounds. The first third is indeed akin to Rubycon, one of my top five TD albums.

I agree with Mr. Krautman that the middle (starting close to 8 minutes) is a lot closer to Schulze, echoing his Picture Music, which I like quite a bit.
    Last edited by dropforge; 04-11-2024 at 08:57 PM.

For those who say the middle part is more like KS: check out my "Moonwind" album, also on http://josdurkstra.bandcamp.com

Here you go:

—Pngtree—an old woman with wrinkles_3429696.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    That's a very cool track, Jos! Softsynths? Either way, those are some dope sounds. The first third is indeed akin to Rubycon, one of my top five TD albums.

I agree with Mr. Krautman that the middle (starting close to 8 minutes) is a lot closer to Schulze, echoing his Picture Music, which I like quite a bit.
    Thank you very much! Would you believe me if I told you that I used only vintage hardware? Even TD and KS used softsynths in their later days, it doesn't matter as long as the music sounds good and that is exactly what you said with "dope sounds" ;-)

Very good track.

I think it's fair to say this was produced by someone who has a great liking and affinity for the genre.

Very very inspiring and enjoyable in equal measures.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    This is another Bandcamper working in the same territory, but his borrowings are quite blatant:
    https://syn-music.bandcamp.com/music

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    Very good track.
    Thank you Mr. Interstellar.

Quote Originally Posted by clivey View Post
    I think it's fair to say this was produced by someone who has a great liking and affinity for the genre.

Very very inspiring and enjoyable in equal measures.
    Aaaawww, that is very kind of you to say, thank you for that...

Thank you very much! Would you believe me if I told you that I used only vintage hardware? Even TD and KS used softsynths in their later days, it doesn't matter as long as the music sounds good and that is exactly what you said with "dope sounds" ;-)
    I asked by pure curiosity, not to make any artistic judgment. If it sounds good it is good, whatever equipment you used.
    I was mostly interested to know WHICH "tron" emulation you used, since there are many available on the market. Sorry, but I'm a little bit a "techno-freak".
    But if you don't want to reveal it that's no problem for me.

Here Thorsten (from the "current" TD line up) is showing you in details the equipment he's using in his live setup.
    All current (modern) gear and yes, he's using a "MEMOTRON" too.
    No doubt he knows what he's talking about and has a perfect mastering of the equipment.
    The realtime interaction possibilities seems endless.
    But... 8 HOURS patching are needed to set up the equipment !
    Just Like in the "good old days" ? ...

Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 04-12-2024 at 05:56 PM.

I tried embedding the BC page, but something doesn't work

I liked it, but there is little chance that I'd have blindly called it a lost Tangerine Dream track. I'd place this more between Stratosfear and Cyclone, rather than Phaedra/Rubycon

Going back to some of those weird piccies you posted in the NSFW group, Ed???
    Last edited by Trane; 04-12-2024 at 07:36 PM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I enjoyed the track, especially the uptempo, somewhat propulsive portion near the end. If you had a whole album of this on Bandcamp, I would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I enjoyed the track, especially the uptempo, somewhat propulsive portion near the end. If you had a whole album of this on Bandcamp, I would buy it.
    Thanks a lot.... I might make this a whole album, was thinking about that.

What do you think should be on the "B-side"? Another long piece? Three pieces like side B of Phaedra?

In the meantime, try my "Moonwind" album, my hommage to Klaus Schulze, it has three long tracks.

In the meantime, try my "Moonwind" album, my hommage to Klaus Schulze, it has three long tracks.
    I did listen, that was very good. Brought back the old days when you could hook school and change the grades on your report card.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Going back to some of those weird piccies you posted in the NSFW group, Ed???
    See, they still work after all these years!