I've been listening to this all weekend and am now ready to put it on the shelf for a bit. For me, the book was the best part as I have most of this elsewhere in my Tull Pile. It was interesting A / B ing the Swiss concert and the New York concert for the first time. The book brings you back to 1978 with its chronological timeline and the Roadies stories. Madison Square with Tony Williams is a sad portend of things to come tho. Excellent player but it also means the end of John Glascock. 1979 must have been one hell of a year for the boys.
I thought they would do a better job with the photography.....it looks like they just took photos of an old album cover. I understand the nostalgia for folks who no longer have their original LP but they could have at least contacted the original photographers for better quality photos.

I'm now back to Broadsword after never really finishing it when I first got it. Quite a bit more material to absorb.

One impression I have going between these two releases is that EVERY tune on Bursting is Gold. The Broadsword box has hit-or-miss tunes better left skipped over. I know "A" was in the middle so maybe I'll go back to that too. I just feel that after Bursting, Tull started having hit-or-miss tunes even on the final releases.

I hope Under Wraps gets the Book treatment but who knows the viability of that ever happening. If they continue, Tull would be like an audio encyclopedia set.

Who'd have thought running a tape recorder back in the day would preserve such legacies. I guess Crimson & the Dead saw value in it. Are there any other outfits out there who did this much archiving?