Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
I never saw anything that crazy at a gig, lol. We used to play at a place that had a strip club and bowling alley attached. During the breaks a couple of the guys would go to the strip club. Our singer had been a bouncer there and knew all the dancers. Before I was in the band they had played at a big outdoor bash put on by some bikers. At one point someone fired off a cannon and the concussion apparently took out one of the PA speakers. Things started to get dicey with someone pulling out a gun. The band decided it would be a good time to leave and a bunch of bikers helped them tear down and load up. They were loaded and heading down the road within about 10 minutes, lol.
Oh man...the rock blues band used to play this biker bar downtown in Richmond (Medley's, long gone now). Those bikers were legit awesome; they loved our shows and packed the house but also respected the bar and treated us all really well. It was always a little surreal, being a very nerdy IT professional/prog keyboard player who was welcomed so warmly in that joint. But I always got excited when we had a date to play there. Easily some of the most all-around fun gigs I've played.