Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IQ - New Archive Collection Recording for 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Anyone else getting shipping notices? I ordered this BEFORE I even posted it here and I've heard nothing. Maybe they are shipping.....last one in / first one out.
    Mine made it to Seattle this morning. I expect it will be here tomorrow. It was accepted into the UK postal service on the 21st. So it is getting here pretty fast.

I got my shipping notice a few days ago, Gary.

USPS Informed Delivery has a parcel from GB being delivered today. Signature Required? I wonder why, it’s not like it’s an expensive package. Oh well, I’ll sit by the door and wait. Mail here can be anywhere between 3:30 - 7:30pm.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

On the IQ Facebook fan page, people are reporting damaged boxes due to flimsy packaging. With the lack of proper fondling experience of most postal employees being a known thing, this could have been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    On the IQ Facebook fan page, people are reporting damaged boxes due to flimsy packaging. With the lack of proper fondling experience of most postal employees being a known thing, this could have been avoided.
    Mine arrived today. Nothing wrong with the packaging, and apart from a light crease across part of the top edge, no damage.

Al Stewart box from Cherry Red arrived as well.

Man, this site is sluggish this afternoon.

Mine arrived today, well packaged , no damage!
    It's my first purchase from the Archive Series of which I believe this is number 15. I hope they release them all in a box set at some point!

^ Rufus, they already released them in a Box Set, what, 2 years ago?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Mine arrived today too. Package looks fine, I haven’t opened it yet.
    And yes, the site is really slow right now!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Mine arrived today too. Package looks fine, I haven’t opened it yet.
    And yes, the site is really slow right now!
    Premeditated fondle?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Missed delivery today, no one here to sign. Had to go to USPS website to get them to try again tomorrow or else I'd have to go get it. And always a chance they'll lose it. Worst...PO....EVER! (Baltimore)
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

^ I blame it on the Ravens.

Listening to the first disk...sounds nice (but I can't crank it up quite as high as usual tonight; I know, that's what SHE said! Seriously though.)

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I blame it on the Ravens.
    I do too as a Steeler in the Raven's nest
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Mine was in the (locking) mailbox. Maybe signature not needed if there is a secure lockbox?? The top of the box is creased so yea, it's a bit damaged.....no big deal. Maybe in future use the next thickest cardboard size. There are graphics Inside All the packaging! Leave it to IQ to be different.

Funny how iTunes classified this release as "Pop" genre.

PS After looking at various posts here and on their FB page.....most damage complaints involved the "top" of the box has a longitudinal crease. I went back and looked at my mailer. If you notice to seal the package you need to push down on the package flap along the top of the box. This pushing down probably caused the top crease to occur....as opposed to the bottom crease or a side crease. This box was a tight fit into the package.

Anyway.....This release was recorded Mid February and we have a very professional product in our hands by the end of June. That is lightening-fast in the music industry! Good Job lads!
    Last edited by Garyhead; 2 Hours Ago at 11:42 AM.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Mine arrived today, well packaged , no damage!
    It's my first purchase from the Archive Series of which I believe this is number 15. I hope they release them all in a box set at some point!
    This is the 13th Archive Collection. Catalog # AC013

They did 2 runs of the Complete Archive Collection and sold out both runs. Might need to go to Discogs to find (and bend over to pay) one. Curious that after the box sets were sold, the original single copy cd's still held their value.

One goofball on Discogs wants $2,000.00 for the set! Looks like the cheapest is $136.00.
    Last edited by Garyhead; 2 Hours Ago at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Mine was in the (locking) mailbox. Maybe signature not needed if there is a secure lockbox?? The top of the box is creased so yea, it's a bit damaged.....no big deal. Maybe in future use the next thickest cardboard size. There are graphics Inside All the packaging! Leave it to IQ to be different.

Funny how iTunes classified this release as "Pop" genre.
    Our mailman just left it outside with the rest of our mail - didn’t get a signature, but I feel like maybe I chose a no-signature option?

My copy was in decent shape - the spine of the slipcase was a bit creased, but good enough. Listened to the first concert last night. It was good, but not mind-blowing for IQ.