Thread: Jerry Marotta, Rupert Greenall, David Helpling, Eric Taylor in Dark Sky Alliance

Jerry Marotta, Rupert Greenall, David Helpling, Eric Taylor in Dark Sky Alliance

Echoes Podcast: DARK SKY ALLIANCE. Take a trip into ambient progressive dimensions when we talk with Dark Sky Alliance, the quartet of Jerry Marotta, David Helpling, Rupert Greenall and Eric Taylor. It's in the Echoes Podcast everywhere. https://wp.me/p4ZE0X-qaZ

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Cool.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Just ordered the CD Interdwell.

Thats cool. Sounded different than I imagined. Worth a purchase I think. Plus Tony Levin is on it in places. I just wish some of these guys would realize that you don't have to keep the reverb on 100% wet.

WYPR in Baltimore stopped carrying Echoes about a month ago, which pisses me off immensely. We had it on most Sunday nights 8-12.
    We managed to find a station streaming out of Alabama of all places that has it on 8-11.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Thats cool. Sounded different than I imagined. Worth a purchase I think. Plus Tony Levin is on it in places. I just wish some of these guys would realize that you don't have to keep the reverb on 100% wet.
    Oh, it's at least 110% ;-)

WYPR in Baltimore stopped carrying Echoes about a month ago, which pisses me off immensely. We had it on most Sunday nights 8-12.
    We managed to find a station streaming out of Alabama of all places that has it on 8-11.
    Echoes has been on WYPR for all of our existence, back when it was still WJHU. And now, they have dropped the show, following the NPR station trend of dropping music in favor of talk.Let the station know that you are listening. That Echoes on Sunday night is part of your life. Something that girds you for the week. You can tell them here: Craig Swagler, President and General Manager
    cswagler@bmorepublicmedia.org
    (410) 235-1065

Jonathan Blakley, Chief Content Officer
    jblakley@bmorepublicmedia.org
    (410) 235-1061

Be Nice.

A better option would be to just subscribe to Echoes On-Line and listen 24/7 to all 10 hours we produce each week. https://echoes.org/echoes-online/how-to-subscribe/

Wow, thats wild. Thanks.
    Yes, I had immediately found Craig's email and sent a somewhat harsh (but not vulgar) message. No reply at all.
    Yes, we're still considering subscribing, but available funds have shrunk considerably due to one of us retiring. In any case we've loved this show for a long time and our thanks for keeping it going.

I have been actually listening more as an old musician trying to grasp the diversity of this music, as I'm in the process of getting back into playing and recording. I'm trying to find the right direction to put my efforts into writing and recording in this genre. Since I'm a one man show, the amount of time and energy (and still working full time) to do all this right is immense. The payoff for me isn't going to be monetary, to be realistic. Its just in my electronic infused blood!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"