Thread: Favorite music-oriented novel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Close To Edge : The Story of Yes - Chris Welch
    That's not a novel but a biography. I read it too and it was a very good one.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 05-31-2024 at 07:43 AM.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

I remember enjoying Slade in Flame by John Pidgeon. It came out after the surprisingly good film but it isn't a straight novelization, being different in a lot of ways and much, much grittier. Very well-written too by a guy who was a cryptic crossword setter for the Daily Telegraph.

The film's on youtube if anyone's interested. Better than the other cash-in 1970s Brit films with musicians in. Noddy Holder's great in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrankie Valli View Post
    I remember enjoying Slade in Flame by John Pidgeon. It came out after the surprisingly good film but it isn't a straight novelization, being different in a lot of ways and much, much grittier. Very well-written too by a guy who was a cryptic crossword setter for the Daily Telegraph.

The film's on youtube if anyone's interested. Better than the other cash-in 1970s Brit films with musicians in. Noddy Holder's great in it.

I love that movie! Big Noddy fan here.