Thread: Robin Trower tour cancelled

Robin Trower tour cancelled

Seems as though Robin has cancelled his tour for heath issues. One of my all time favorite guitarist. Wish him a speedy recovery. Robins not a young man but hopefully he will will return to good health soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Seems as though Robin has cancelled his tour for heath issues. One of my all time favorite guitarist. Wish him a speedy recovery. Robins not a young man but hopefully he will will return to good health soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had tickets to see him 10 minutes from my house and then COVID hit. He re-scheduled the show twice and both times it was cancelled. This tour was also appearing at the same venue although I had not purchased tickets this time as we were going to be out of town. Sad to hear he is having continued health problems.

Damn! Hope he gets better. I haven't seen him for quite some time, but he never lost a step.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I saw him in 2009. Hope he gets well.

Bummer, had tickets for the Ithaca one. It would have been the 1st his concert for me, so it is a double bummer. Wishing him well though and speedy recovery.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Not a ton of Trower talk on this site.
    I was wondering what others thought of the United State of Mind album that he did a few years ago with singer Maxi Priest.
    I think from the tracks I've sampled that it's a pretty strong effort, though a lot of the production choices aren't ones that I would have made. (slick strings and horns all over the place) Priest's "put your hands up, c'mon, c'mon" interjections sound out of place in a studio song and I'm not sure this group ever played live.

Love Robin Trower. There are Stratocaster players that can get some great Strat tones. Robin is in the top 5, with Jimi, Ritchie, SRV, and a few I'm forgetting. Not too many sound like Robin Trower. The first album of his I bought was Take What You Need (1988). Great album. His neck pickup tone is just awesome.

Whatever it is, I hope he gets well fully and quickly. I had delayed getting tickets to his show in Royal Oak, MI because I dropped a fortune on Al DiMeola, Dweezil Zappa and Beat tickets. It's moot now.

Trower Power!

Out of grief for missed concert opportunity acquired the 50th Anniversary edition of the Bridge of Sighs with 4 disc (3CDs + BR) there. One thing they could have done better though with this reissue, and I think should have done, is to include the album version with extended tracks of the songs on a CD as well, and not only include it on the Blu-ray. Not sure if both versions would fit on one CD (as they did with Deep Purple's Machine Head 50th anniversary Edition), but having another CD in the package probably would not hurt both sides (maker and consumer).
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Love Robin Trower. There are Stratocaster players that can get some great Strat tones. Robin is in the top 5, with Jimi, Ritchie, SRV, and a few I'm forgetting.
    Rory Gallagher!

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Rory Gallagher!
    I saw him and Robin Trower on the same bill in '76...they were both supporting Jethro Tull.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx