Thread: Very Happy With The New Barock Project Album - Time Voyager

Very Happy With The New Barock Project Album - Time Voyager

When I lament that there aren't enough bands that scratch the itch very melodic Prog that grabs me right away, eventually something like this pops up to do it.

I admit to being a fan of Sympho & Neo - all the sounds in the orbit of Flower Kings, Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, Moon Safari, et al. It's what I like. There are plenty of bands who are in that vein that just don't do it. There's something missing, usually in the writing, that might be fine when I'm listening, but doesn't stay with me afterwards or make me want to listen again. This does. Very happy with it.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    When I lament that there aren't enough bands that scratch the itch very melodic Prog that grabs me right away, eventually something like this pops up to do it.

I admit to being a fan of Sympho & Neo - all the sounds in the orbit of Flower Kings, Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, Moon Safari, et al. It's what I like. There are plenty of bands who are in that vein that just don't do it. There's something missing, usually in the writing, that might be fine when I'm listening, but doesn't stay with me afterwards or make me want to listen again. This does. Very happy with it.
    I need to get this. I agree that Barok Project has something that makes them different and very enjoyable.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post

Perhaps you need to buy this!:

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Perhaps you need to buy this!:

I had no idea that existed. Anyone know a distributor who might have this? I did a quick check on Amazon and not available.

I listened to this group a couple years ago, and liked what I heard…Happy to see something new, and look forward to listening.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I had no idea that existed. Anyone know a distributor who might have this? I did a quick check on Amazon and not available.
    I think I got the link for the video from the band's website, so check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I think I got the link for the video from the band's website, so check that out.
    I checked the band website and the box set is not listed for sale there.

It's on this page: https://www.barockproject.net/ (above the Discography); they don't sell it themself it seems.

Thanks PE!!! I like this a lot!

Sometimes we look too far ... The Barock Project Box is listed on Greg's Synphonic website, probably the best bet of getting it on this side of "the Pond". Hard to say if it is in stock but Greg is pretty quick in getting stuff if not. Happy hunting.

http://synphonicmusic.com/country/italy.html
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Sometimes we look too far ... The Barock Project Box is listed on Greg's Synphonic website, probably the best bet of getting it on this side of "the Pond". Hard to say if it is in stock but Greg is pretty quick in getting stuff if not. Happy hunting.

http://synphonicmusic.com/country/italy.html
    Thanks for the heads up. I just sent him an e-mail to see if he has it in stock.

good record!