Thread: Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid Deluxe Box Set Aug. 2024

Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid Deluxe Box Set Aug. 2024

Released on Friday 23rd August 2024

Super Deluxe Box Set includes 4CDs, an audio blu-ray disc, a 45rpm 180g 2LP vinyl edition – half speed remastered by Miles Showell at Abbey Road Studios in a gatefold sleeve, 67 bonus tracks (54 previously unreleased) taken from Eric Woolfson’s Songwriting Diaries and studio session out-takes, a first ever Dolby Atmos mix of an Alan Parsons Project album, a 5.1 Surround Sound mix from the original multi-track master tapes by Alan Parsons, a new stereo HD and CD remaster of the original album by Miles Showell, a fully illustrated, 12” x 12” 60-page casebound book and a replica press folder
    Expanded CD release includes 2024 remaster of the original album, 4 additional bonus tracks + 12-page booklet including Alan Parsons quotes as well as full lyrics
    Vinyl LP formats include a 180gm clear vinyl plus a limited edition D2C exclusive 180gm gold nugget vinyl – both featuring Showell’s half speed remasters of the original album at Abbey Road Studios, with sleevenotes featuring quotes from Alan Parsons, the Woolfson family and musicians

https://alanparsonsproject.tmstor.es/

PS Your Credit Card asked me to post this!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

With all very due respect as this is one of my favorite albums of all time...l looked at the content of this and it sounds like a bunch of junk l don't need or want to hear. I don't get these gargantuan 'cupboard clearing' releases at all. I have a pristine vinyl copy of the original vinyl with the poster insert...is this going to surpass that? I doubt it. Ymmv.

And before anyone goes on about Atmos and half-speed mastering and so on (and my friend Paul Sears will back me up on this), if you have a decent stereo and a quality copy of an original release, you really can't tell the difference. It's just marketing trickery telling you it "sounds better". It really doesn't. Your brain is trained to believe that because all of the yap is telling you so. It isn't true.

As an analog, drug addicts call this "Chasing the dragon". Always looking for a way to improve upon that first initial high. Same with music. Some of us want to chase that experience of when we heard something 'perfectly' for the first time, and it is easy to want to believe someone when they say "Psst...you wanna hear it sound better?". And you're hooked before ya know it, chasing that dragon...when does it become what you think you need?

One of my favorite APP albums. I’ve bought all the prior 5.1 versions. Mostly standalone discs, though I don’t recall them doing that for Card. I’d certainly be in for a reasonably priced CD/BR set.

Turn Of A Friendly Card has a stand alone-Blu-ray. Hopefully this one will have one too!

I'm sure I'll get one of the packages. Not sure which one though.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Turn Of A Friendly Card has a stand alone-Blu-ray. Hopefully this one will have one too!
    I would buy a standalone Blu-ray in order to rip the hi res stereo files. Unless they make a hi res download available, which doesn't seem to be the pattern.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    With all very due respect as this is one of my favorite albums of all time...l looked at the content of this and it sounds like a bunch of junk l don't need or want to hear. I don't get these gargantuan 'cupboard clearing' releases at all. I have a pristine vinyl copy of the original vinyl with the poster insert...is this going to surpass that? I doubt it. Ymmv.
    One word: Casebound!

Seriously though, I resisted the super-deluxe-ish Turn of a Friendly Card, hopefully I'll resist this one too. Both great albums, but I'm happy with the "Deluxe" 1CD editions I have.

I never get tired of listening to the song "Can't Take It With You." It seems like it's from the Steely Dan universe.

If they came out with a high resolution postcard of the original cover for $1.50, I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    I'm all set when it comes to APP. I've got the first three on a CDr compilation. It was quite tough to do it cleanly given the linked tracks.
    Of the three, Pyramid is probably not the best one (there are some disco tracks), but it's the one I started with, so I have a soft spot for it.
    But, I can't think a single reason why I'd want to hear all those bottom-of-the-barrel alternate takes.
    Don't care for the next two albums and never really looked at what came after.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The remastered version I have already has like 10 bonus tracks on it! I think it has the most bonus material of any of them.