Thread: Church of Hed releases The Fifth Hour!

Church of Hed releases The Fifth Hour!

Happy Summer Solstice! Here's the new Church of Hed album, The Fifth Hour. It features a return to the improvisational and immediate styles of their earlier release, The Fourth Hour, or even Quarkspace’s Spacefolds series. The music squarely resides in space, with deep Kosmische and Berlin School explorations informing the album’s psychedelic electronica and prog.

The band’s Paul Williams is joined on The Fifth Hour by Jonathan Segel, from indie-rock legends Camper Van Beethoven, on violin, guitar, and bass, as well as Quarkspace’s Stan Lyon, on bass and synth. Williams plays his usual array of synthesizers, keyboards, beatmakers, sequencers, and electrified drums.

Support our music by purchasing a download or two. We used 24-bit audio files, so get those FLACs! Explore the full Eternity's Jest Records catalog, featuring psychedelic spacerock and progressive electronic music, for additional options for aural travel. Thanks for listening all these years!

Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

Will buy

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Will buy
    Thank you! We appreciate the support. Fans of Quarkspace's Spacefolds series will find this album to be squarely in that vein. I've gotten a few comments on that already. I simply wanted a return to more spaced-out immediate music. Having Jonathan Segel excited to take part blew me away. Camper was a big inspiration in the late 80s for me, especially for just making psychedelic music part of the college/indie music scene again.
    Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel