Thread: Progject tour 2024

Progject tour 2024

Saw Progject in Hamilton on Friday night - they put on a great show.

Two hours of classic progressive rock done by a killer band to an enthusiastic (though somewhat small) audience.

All the players were great but special mentions to Mike Keneally who was his usual otherworldly self as well as Ryo Okumoto. I knew his work with Spocks that he was a good player but didn't expect him to kill it the way he did.

The Italian singer was also very impressive at handling songs done by many different singers and doing it really well.

My only note is there were a couple of times when I'd have liked to hear a bit longer section within a medley but that's pretty minor.

And with an Italian singer it would be great to hear some PFM.

Overall if you love this music done by a crackerjack band with a bunch of enthusiasm then check these guys out.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Seeing them on Friday night in Arlington (Boston). Psyched! I love Mike and Ryo.

If any of you guys are in Montreal, come out and see us tonight, ticket sales could use a boost 😁

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Brother, can you spare a link...?

Looking forward to Saturdays show in NYC with the Bill Bruford chat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Brother, can you spare a link...?
    Band main site -

https://www.progject.com/main/

Tour dates -

https://www.progject.com/main/#tour

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    What a blast I had at the Regent last night, well worth the two hour drive from home to see this group of multi-talented musos also clearly having a blast playing the music we all know and love. Pete Griffin's brother and parents were there and Jonathon Mover clearly relished a "hometown" crowd. Dueling keytars is not something you see every day. Mike is a national treasure, now having seen him with Beer for Dolphins, the MK Band, the Zappa Band...could you look any happier Mike? Great frelling show.

I thought about going tomorrow night to the one not too far from me but not sure I feel the need to spend 50 to 80 dollars to hear roundabout, lucky man, 21st century schizoid man, red, Supper's Ready, Firth of Fifth and Aqualung for the millionth time. Maybe if they did some post 70s stuff it could be interesting or maybe I'll buy the dvd. I suppose if I were to go it would mainly to see Bill Bruford. I have a fb friend who is going (library Jon who used to post on here a long time ago) so maybe he can give me a full report.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Hi Digital Man - We’re not doing three of the songs you mentioned if that helps :-) and we are playing tons of things that are not in any way “the usual suspects.” I understand being frugal but I bet you’d enjoy the show.

Can confirm there were many surprises at the show I went too and they played excellently. Highly recommended!

I understand the need for medleys but they're anathema to a progger (can't have everything, OK, wanted to hear Mike cover the Aqualung solo, haha!) but the show in NYC was excellent last night, the musos were smokin' and Bill's interview was fun, he's a smart, affable guy. Extra points if you enjoy drumming, Mr Mover was very hard to miss. My favorite part of the interview was when someone said they were obsessed with the snare sound on CTTE during a question and answer session and wanted to know the "secret" of how it was recorded, Bill deadpanned "I hit the drum with my drumstick and they recorded it, there are no secrets involved."
    Last edited by BarryLI; 17 Hours Ago at 09:44 AM.