Thread: Steven Wilson - The Overview - 2025

Steven Wilson - The Overview - 2025

I think this deserves its own discussion thread rather than being tacked onto the end of The Harmony Codex thread.

The tour announcement was the first that I remember hearing of SW's next album (unless my advancing years are affecting my memory :P).

I don't know how I missed this back in February: https://www.loudersound.com/news/its...w-studio-album
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

You can order a signed cd from https://store.stevenwilsonhq.com/

That in turn gives you access to pre-sale tickets for the 2025 European tour, which became available yesterday.

Steven Wilson The Overview Tour 2025

May 01: Stockholm Cirkus, Sweden
    May 02: Olso Konserthaus, Norway
    May 04: Copenhagen KB-Hallen, Denmark
    May 06: Dusseldorf Mitsubishi Electric Hall, Germany
    May 07: Brussels Cirque Royal, Belgium
    May 09: Birmingham Symphony Hall, UK
    May 10: Bristol Beacon, UK
    May 12: London Palladium, UK
    May 13: London Palladium, UK
    May 15: Newcastle O2 City Hall, UK
    May 16: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. UK
    May 18: Manchester The Lowry, UK
    May 22: Amsterdam AFAS Live, Netherlands
    May 24: Paris Salle Pleyel, France
    May 25: Paris Salle Pleyel, France
    May 28: Lyon Bourse Du Travail, France
    May 30: Stuttgart Porshe Arena, Germany
    May 31: Munich Zenith, Germany
    Jun 02: Berlin Friedrichspalast, Germany
    Jun 03: Hamburg Sporthalle, Germany
    Jun 04: Warsaw Torwar, Poland
    Jun 05: Gliwice Prezero, Poland
    Jun 07: Milan Teatro Degli Archimboldi, Italy
    Jun 08: Rome Auditorium Parco Della Musica, Italy
    Jun 10: Zurich The Hall, Switzerland
    Jun 11: Marseille Cepax Silo, France
    Jun 12: Barcelona Para-Lel 62, Spain
    Jun 13: Madrid Riviera, Spain

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I considered pre-ordering, but didn't since there'll probably be more fondleable versions released. Unless sales of the deluxe Harmony Codex were low for the label? It was nice though, so I hope there's something similar for this.

I decided to pre-order the signed CD, but I'm guessing that there will be the plethora of deluxe releases as we get nearer to release. I bought the CD to get the UK tour pre-sale code. I subsequently read the fine print and realized that no purchase was required, but they didn't make this very obvious up front. The Ticketmaster UK pre-sale was an absolute mess for me. For ~30 minutes I kept getting a message that the seat I selected wasn't available. I gave up but went back to the site about an hour later and found that one row in the stalls at the London Palladium had magically opened up. I was able to get a ticket for both nights in the same row (U).

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie87 View Post
    You can order a signed cd from https://store.stevenwilsonhq.com/

That in turn gives you access to pre-sale tickets for the 2025 European tour, which became available yesterday.

Steven Wilson The Overview Tour 2025

May 01: Stockholm Cirkus, Sweden
    May 02: Olso Konserthaus, Norway
    May 04: Copenhagen KB-Hallen, Denmark
    May 06: Dusseldorf Mitsubishi Electric Hall, Germany
    May 07: Brussels Cirque Royal, Belgium
    May 09: Birmingham Symphony Hall, UK
    May 10: Bristol Beacon, UK
    May 12: London Palladium, UK
    May 13: London Palladium, UK
    May 15: Newcastle O2 City Hall, UK
    May 16: Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. UK
    May 18: Manchester The Lowry, UK
    May 22: Amsterdam AFAS Live, Netherlands
    May 24: Paris Salle Pleyel, France
    May 25: Paris Salle Pleyel, France
    May 28: Lyon Bourse Du Travail, France
    May 30: Stuttgart Porshe Arena, Germany
    May 31: Munich Zenith, Germany
    Jun 02: Berlin Friedrichspalast, Germany
    Jun 03: Hamburg Sporthalle, Germany
    Jun 04: Warsaw Torwar, Poland
    Jun 05: Gliwice Prezero, Poland
    Jun 07: Milan Teatro Degli Archimboldi, Italy
    Jun 08: Rome Auditorium Parco Della Musica, Italy
    Jun 10: Zurich The Hall, Switzerland
    Jun 11: Marseille Cepax Silo, France
    Jun 12: Barcelona Para-Lel 62, Spain
    Jun 13: Madrid Riviera, Spain
    It wasn't compulsory to purchase a CD. You get the pre sale code for just signing up.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I decided to pre-order the signed CD, but I'm guessing that there will be the plethora of deluxe releases as we get nearer to release. I bought the CD to get the UK tour pre-sale code. I subsequently read the fine print and realized that no purchase was required, but they didn't make this very obvious up front. The Ticketmaster UK pre-sale was an absolute mess for me. For ~30 minutes I kept getting a message that the seat I selected wasn't available. I gave up but went back to the site about an hour later and found that one row in the stalls at the London Palladium had magically opened up. I was able to get a ticket for both nights in the same row (U).
    It’s always row U, isn’t it? I wouldn’t be surprised if they added the No Purchase Necessary note - I didn’t see it at first. But I wasn’t interested in the European tour. Or the autographed single CD if I end up buying a deluxe edition, which I will as long as it looks better than the TFB deluxe edition, which was an insult, but DID bite!

So who is in this "Inspirational band" anyway, does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    So who is in this "Inspirational band" anyway, does anyone know?
    We don't know yet but if Hackett is having a brief holiday then Craig Blundell will be in, Nick Beggs and Adam Holzman very likely too. As for guitar, will it be Alex Hutchings or maybe Niko Tsonev will be back?

Meanwhile a 3rd night has been added to the London Palladium..

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It’s always row U, isn’t it?...
    Yeah! That's typical pre-sale behavior. But I mis-remembered. I actually got row J for both nights, so it's not as bad as I thought.

Someone (I think it was on reddit) was commenting about the venue sizes, which in many instances are a good deal smaller than used in his last solo tour. I wonder if it has to do with the kind of immersive audio/AV experience he wants to bring to this tour. After the release of The Harmony Codex, he did mention in some interviews his desire to bring a different kind of show on his next tour and worried that finding appropriate venues would be difficult. He even talked on a few occasions about the concept of multi-day residencies at a single venue. But I suspect that the economics wouldn't work. If he were to, say, do a week or two in London, could he really draw the crowds. The number of fans within reasonable distance to a venue and with the money and time to perhaps see multiple shows has got to be limited. I'll be interested to see if he does go for an advanced multidimensional audio approach.

And Steve983 brought up the composition of the band, in reference to another poster's question. I'd love to see Nick B. and Adam return.

Take my money, Wislon. Yup..I did just preorder that thing