Thread: New version of From Genesis to Revelation planned

New version of From Genesis to Revelation planned

Apparently this is something Anthony Phillips has been working on (he also has a new solo album coming out) but PG, Mike and Tony are also evidently involved.

https://www.genesis-news.com/news-An...foot-n959.html
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

"...It doesn't take much imagination to realize that state-of-the-art studio technology has certainly been used here."

A.I ???

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Apparently this is something Anthony Phillips has been working on (he also has a new solo album coming out) but PG, Mike and Tony are also evidently involved.

https://www.genesis-news.com/news-An...foot-n959.html
    His new solo album has been out for about a month, and is on a second pressing since it apparently sold better than they expected.

Peter will want to re-record the vocals and Tony will make sure Steve Hackett is inaudible. And it will all be Phil Collin's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Tony will make sure Steve Hackett is inaudible
    Ummmmm......done
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Peter will want to re-record the vocals and Tony will make sure Steve Hackett is inaudible. And it will all be Phil Collin's fault.
    And there will be no tour because of Anthony Phillips' stage fright.
    Last edited by Interstellar; 12 Hours Ago at 08:55 AM.

How many versions of that album are there allready? I get the impression it's the most re-released Genesis-album there is, with different covers and sometimes with a bonus-disk and in the first archives boxset there is a whole disk with alternative versions, demos and other stuff

I'm guessing this new version will be to return FGtR to the original vision the band members had for that album prior to Jonathan King's unfortunate arrangement choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    I'm guessing this new version will be to return FGtR to the original vision the band members had for that album prior to Jonathan King's unfortunate arrangement choices.
    I think a lot of those versions are in the first archives set.

I would rather have both.

I just wish they'd finally give the mono mix an official CD release. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely at this point.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

I find that I am among relatively few Genesis fans who actively likes their first album. It certainly isn't "prog" (we really need to resurrect the term flonkus), but it is some pretty progressive pop music for the day. Those kids had something going for them.

I would very much like it if they were to use the available technology strip off the strings and let us hear what the band played. But I don't imagine that's likely.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.