Thread: Jane Getter Premonition at ProgDay 2024!

Jane Getter Premonition at ProgDay 2024!

Jane Getter Premonition at ProgDay 2024!

“Getter is a powerhouse stratslinger and her latest blends jazz and prog rock to create her own unique sound… all highlighted by her wailing, heartfelt solos.” - VINTAGE GUITAR MAGAZINE

Known as a “triple threat” (guitarist, singer, and award winning composer), JANE GETTER first picked up a guitar when she was eight years old. Having toured or played with musicians like Brother Jack McDuff, Lenny White, Michal Urbaniak, and the Saturday Night Live Band, she has built a significant reputation for her superlative, versatile and genre-bending guitar work. Along with Jane, JANE GETTER PREMONITON is an ensemble of superb musicians including keyboardist Adam Holzman (Miles Davis, Steven Wilson), guitarist Alex Skolnick (Testament, Transiberian Orchestra, PAKT), bassist Paul Frazier (David Byrne, Nile Rodgers) and drummer Gene Lake (David Sanborn, Nile Rodgers, Chic). The music features “masterful playing of Getter’s complex, sophisticated and dynamic compositions.” (All About Jazz) and lies somewhere at the intersection of rock, jazz, metal, and singer-songwriter.

————————

Join JANE GETTER PREMONITION, YANG, and JACK O’ THE CLOCK At ProgDay 2024. ProgDay is a two day outdoor festival of progressive rock. ProgDay 2024 with take place on Saturday, August 31, and Sunday, September 1, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, please visit us at www.progday.net.

I caught part of their set on CTTE and they were very good. Nice booking!

Another good get.

Sounds good!
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Cool. I had an awesome jam with Jane and a bass player named Bill Kratz back when we were all faculty at National Guitar Workshop. I was supposed to play more with Jane, but things never quite worked out. Last time I was at ProgDay was when I played with Eccentric Orbit there back in 2015. Time flies even when you're not having fun.

^ You would have had fun if you had gotten to play with Jane.

Nice
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Three solid bookings for me so far!

I cannot recall a progday where 3 bands have been announced an i've heard of all of them. hell, i own stuff by all of them, and i've seen 2 of them play live already.

It's gonna be a long drive, but, as always, it will be worth it.

i look really forward to seeing this! I'm hearing the new album right now and liking it's unlikely mix of component parts!

Are those listed people [Adam Holzman, Alex Skolnick, Paul Frazier & Gene Lake] the actual band for this show?
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ I was wondering that too. Some big names for the Progday stage!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ I was wondering that too. Some big names for the Progday stage!
    I speak (or write) with no knowledge or authority - Michael B. will have to give the definitive answer.
    But if I remember correctly, that is the band she played with at Progstock a few years back. And I believe they have played several other shows in the northeast with that lineup, as well. Along with Randy McStine on lead vocals on a couple of tracks, at Progstock.

Michael would not have listed them if they were not part of the planned lineup.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Michael would not have listed them if they were not part of the planned lineup.
    I guess that’s right - they ARE the Premonition.

I'm guessing that they are not getting one of the 'death slots'
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    I'm guessing that they are not getting one of the 'death slots'
    What are those? First band on either day, and last band on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    What are those? First band on either day, and last band on Sunday?
    3 O'clock or perhaps 12:30 depending on the heat of the day.
    -- Aristotle

Ah, gotcha.

I would say 3PM slot would be the one. It is usually the hottest part of the day so you have the most number of people back under the pavilion or under sun shelters in the back. The bands often to play what looks like an empty grass area in the middle of the field. I think this is even more pronounced as the audience has gotten older. The same number of people are still there, but many of them are not out in front of the stage. The heat can be tough on band members too, especially drummers who can have the sun shining right on them at the back of the stage if there is no cloud cover.

I remember a few close calls onstage over the years that were not readily apparent to the audience. The most extreme one l recall was bassist Bob Lord from Dreadnaught who blacked out for a couple of seconds after their Sunday morning set. We were shocked to see that some of the finish on the back of his bass had melted off where it was against his body.

What's a stratslinger?
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    I remember a few close calls onstage over the years that were not readily apparent to the audience. The most extreme one l recall was bassist Bob Lord from Dreadnaught who blacked out for a couple of seconds after their Sunday morning set. We were shocked to see that some of the finish on the back of his bass had melted off where it was against his body.
    I remember the guys from Von Frickle when they performed in those body suits and masks. Even though they were the first band of the day, it was already boiling out. I remember going back to pay them after the show and they were all completely exhausted and were soaked with so much sweat it looked like they had just come out of a shower. The guys could hardly stand up they were so drained.