Thread: First track from upcoming Papangu album "Lampião Rei" (zeuhl/prog rock/avant metal)

First track from upcoming Papangu album "Lampião Rei" (zeuhl/prog rock/avant metal)

LAMPIÃO REI is the second studio album by the Brazilian prog rock / avant-garde metal band Papangu.

Recorded by 3x Latin Grammy-winning engineer Fernando Sanches and mixed by Berlin-based heavy psych expert Richard Behrens, Lampião Rei continues Papangu's series of albums on the Cangaço movement that began with Holoceno, the band's critically acclaimed 2021 debut.

While Holoceno is a Faustian allegory for the climate crisis, Lampião Rei instead presents an epic, biographical narrative of magical realism, recounting the trials and tribulations of legendary bandit leader Virgulino Ferreira da Silva, a.k.a. Lampião (1898 – 1938), from his birth until his rise as the most fearful man in Brazil. T

Featuring special guests:
    Philippe Bussonnet – bass solo (2, 7)
    Marian Sarine – congas (4)
    João Kombi – vocals (7)
    Paulo Ró – vocal percussion, udu (8)
    Andrea P. – violin (9)

bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Excellent album
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.