Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2024 Summer Olympics Thread

for men's basketball gold game. I won't spoil it but DAMN, one player in particular just took over.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

If the US doesn't have a competitor in an event, I'll root for either Great Britain, Australia, or New Zealand, usually in that order.

I just finished watching the women's team sprint in cycling and, wow!

In the first heat, New Zealand broke the Olympic record. 12 minutes later, Great Britain not only broke the Olympic record but also the world record, setting a time of 45.593.

In the next heat, to see which teams would go head to head for the medals, Germany broke the record by 0.216 seconds, with a time of 45.377. New Zealand broke that record by 0.029 seconds, with a time of 45.348. Two minutes later, Great Britain broke that record by 0.010 seconds!

In the final, New Zealand and Great Britain went head to head for gold and silver. Great Britain won gold (poor Kiwis ) and – yep, you guessed it – broke the world record again, by 0.202 seconds, with a time of 45.186!

Damn, that shit was exciting!

Fyi, Germany won bronze.

God, I love cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Watching it right now.
    Who won?

The thing that annoyed me is that I couldn't find where Peacock was showing the gold medal ceremony. Wtf?
    “The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    If the US doesn't have a competitor in an event, I'll root for either Great Britain, Australia, or New Zealand, usually in that order.

In the first heat, New Zealand broke the Olympic record. 12 minutes later, Great Britain not only broke the Olympic record but also the world record, setting a time of 45.593.

In the next heat, to see which teams would go head to head for the medals, Germany broke the record by 0.216 seconds, with a time of 45.377. New Zealand broke that record by 0.029 seconds, with a time of 45.348. Two minutes later, Great Britain broke that record by 0.010 seconds!

In the final, New Zealand and Great Britain went head to head for gold and silver. Great Britain won gold (poor Kiwis ) and – yep, you guessed it – broke the world record again, by 0.202 seconds, with a time of 45.186!

Fyi, Germany won bronze.

God, I love cycling.

Who won?

The thing that annoyed me is that I couldn't find where Peacock was showing the gold medal ceremony. Wtf?
    I saw it on Gold Zone, but not sure if it was on any individual channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    for men's basketball gold game. I won't spoil it but DAMN, one player in particular just took over.
    There is a big difference between a player who scores his points and you might not realize it, and a scorer who wants the ball when the game is in the balance. That last shot he hit was incredible!

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Sadly last day, but it will feel good to get some real sleep after this. My body doesn't like paris time.

Great handball bronze match. Hoping for the US to pull a bronze in water polo which has just begun.

Looking forward to the last day of cycling and some modern pantheon. And of course the gold match for handball.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

Fyi, Germany won bronze.

God, I love cycling.

Who won?

Yeah, the more I use peacock the more I dislike it. Early on I could use their 'live & upcoming' tab to find things that were live, but as the olypimcs progressed they seemed to list less and less here and I had to go to the individual sports tab to find it.

Maaan, US only gets bronze in breakin'? What a rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Yeah, the more I use peacock the more I dislike it. Early on I could use their 'live & upcoming' tab to find things that were live, but as the olypimcs progressed they seemed to list less and less here and I had to go to the individual sports tab to find it.
    I have the opposite reaction. I am retired so was able to watch things live during the day and absolutely loved Gold Zone. I occasionally would switch to a straight live stream, but kept it on Gold Zone 90% of the time I was watching.

Ah. Well, that's only one tab you were looking for so I imagine that was pretty easy to always find.

The gold zone was cool (and I do hope they bring it back in the future), but I preferred to watch the exclusive stream to the event I wanted to watch.

Anyone see the Tom Cruise stunt at the closing ceremony? I am lukewarm on Cruise but have to admit it was pretty cool. The film and hand off of the flag to the Red Hot Chilie Peppers on the beach in L.A. was pretty cool too.