Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aerosmith Calls an End to Touring

what years are these two?
    St Louis is 1974 and NYC is 1975, so no material off Rocks but plenty off Toys in the Attic.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I don't know. Kramer looked like quite a tough cookie (which doesn't mean he was a brawler), but yeah, aside from Hamilton, the rest of A'smith looked like feeble junkies next to many bands in 77/79. Don't know if that was the case back in the Get Your Wings days.!
    I read Kramer’s autobiography a while back and he paints himself as a rather tough dude when he was a kid. The book was quite interesting and a different perspective from Tyler & Perry’s books which I have also read.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I read Kramer’s autobiography a while back and he paints himself as a rather tough dude when he was a kid. The book was quite interesting and a different perspective from Tyler & Perry’s books which I have also read.
    I read all 3 of those too, l thought Kramer's was the best. He got into his own head the most, about how success and band relations affected him.
    And will l wait forever beside the silent mirror and fish for bitter minnows amongst the weeds and slimy water?

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    I read all 3 of those too, l thought Kramer's was the best. He got into his own head the most, about how success and band relations affected him.
    I really enjoyed Perry’s book too. Tyler’s was the weakest of the 3. Agree about Kramer giving the most in depth look at himself as a human being.

Yeah, Joe's book was also a good read. Tyler's was about what l expected...the only thing that stuck with me about his was a line about the "God Of Cement-Block Dressing Rooms With Torn Naugahyde Couches". I thought that was very funny, l have been in that room many times over the years.
    And will l wait forever beside the silent mirror and fish for bitter minnows amongst the weeds and slimy water?

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I do have a weak spot for Bootleg (if only for Come Together, Sore Eyes, Thighs and a few more), whereas I didn't care much for If You Want Blood, though!
    I remember liking the early radio session on it. It's like Love You Live where the tracks in a club (El Mocambo) are far better than the stadium ones.

I didn't get the way most of it was mixed. I've actually heard bootleg audience tapes (like Mike Millard's best ones) which sound better than that!

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Yeah, Joe's book was also a good read. Tyler's was about what l expected...the only thing that stuck with me about his was a line about the "God Of Cement-Block Dressing Rooms With Torn Naugahyde Couches". I thought that was very funny, l have been in that room many times over the years.
    Tyler's book reminded me a lot of Ozzy's book. It was kind of lightweight and at times almost seemed like propaganda to prop up his image. Ozzy’s book was similar. I enjoyed Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler’s books a lot more.

Dug out Live! Bootleg again. As I remember, a really weird mix (worse than some bootlegs), with Tyler barely audible. Maybe that's a blessing when he goes for the screams on '...Saddle'. But that's a good version of 'Lord Of The Thighs'.