Thread: New project from Tigran Hamasyan coming - "The Bird of a Thousand Voices"

New project from Tigran Hamasyan coming - "The Bird of a Thousand Voices"

Super excited to hear that Tigran Hamasyan has a new, ambitious multimedia project coming soon. The Bird of a Thousand Voices is "the first of its kind to bring ancient Armenian folk tale Hazaran Blbul to life." It's a new double album with 24 songs to be released on August 30 and based on the five pre-released tunes I've heard so far it should be good. (I heard them on Apple Music but I think they're also on YouTube.) I expect it to be an epic show to see live--I have tickets to see him at SF Jazz next March (!).

He's got a new website with more information, video clips and even a game: https://bird1000.com

Quote Originally Posted by Seven8 View Post
    Super excited to hear that Tigran Hamasyan has a new, ambitious multimedia project coming soon. The Bird of a Thousand Voices is "the first of its kind to bring ancient Armenian folk tale Hazaran Blbul to life." It's a new double album with 24 songs to be released on August 30 and based on the five pre-released tunes I've heard so far it should be good. (I heard them on Apple Music but I think they're also on YouTube.) I expect it to be an epic show to see live--I have tickets to see him at SF Jazz next March (!).

He's got a new website with more information, video clips and even a game: https://bird1000.com
    Thanks so much for the Heads Up. I will probably be at that show, too..
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Great, great news!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Checking this out, sounds excellent
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

I had to find it on YT instead of BC

[mode ranting ON ]
    It's quite OK, but once more, it veers (once more) towards his Armenian roots.

Nothing wrong with that (I enjoy it), but it's been a constant trend of his (dare I say "obsession") since he first started recording albums for ECM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware of Armenian-itude and its dramas, as I've had an Armenian girlfriend in high school and her parents took the time to explain it to me; and as a result, I've become a supporter of the Armenian cause (and also even more the neighbouring Georgia).
    But Tigran didn't address this in his first part of his career (up until Mockroot), even if you could hear his roots in his music and that made its charm.
    Nowadays, it's almost permanent and becoming obsessional (IMHO, of course).

[mode ranting OFF ]
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.