Thread: Ten Years After - Woodstock 1969 set just issued in its entirety

Ten Years After - Woodstock 1969 set just issued in its entirety

Chrysalis have just released TYA's full Woodstock set on cd and LP to coincide with last weekend's 55th anniversary.

I splashed the cash on the cd edition yesterday, and having switched between it and the Woodstock 50 edition in the Back To The Garden set, I'm a bit ambivalent about it.

You can read why in more detail, in a blog I've published today:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....ock-1969-2024/

^^^ Thanks for the review. I have a few “live at Woodstock” recordings but am not sure I will get this. Ten Years After studio albums always seemed, to me, more interesting than the live stuff (except for the absolutely brilliant Woodstock performance of "I'm Going Home").

For UK viewers, BBC iPlayer is currently screening a good 2019 documentary on Woodstock – “Three Days That Defined A Generation” – with what seems like quite a bit of new crowd footage. No film of Ten Years After, either new or old, unfortunately. The iPlayer is also rescreening the old documentary “Jimi Hendrix: The Road To Woodstock”.
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease (P. Blegvad)

Well written and informative review, thank you! I'm off the fence on this one. I do hate sloppiness when it comes to these things. BTW I have that studio albums box set you reference at the end and it is indeed excellent.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

5 years ago for the 50th anniversary, I bought the full CCR and Mountain sets from HDTracks. Along with the re-release of both Woodstock albums. When no further full sets were released, I thought that was the end of it. Within the past few days, Woodstock 1 reappeared on Canadian site ProStudioMasters.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama