Thread: RIP Richard Macphail

RIP Richard Macphail

https://www.genesis-news.com/news-Ri...away-n971.html

(Wikipedia) Richard Paul Macphail (17 September 1950 – 27 August 2024) was an English musician, road manager, and business owner best known for his relationship with the rock band Genesis from their formation in 1967 to 1973
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

I saw this on FB. Sad news. He was a friend of the band in the early days and I believe they rehearsed at his parents house or something. I think he also wrote a book about Genesis a few years ago. RIP Richard.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

He was a very important part of the early Genesis. Without his help and encouragement they could have easily not happened.

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    He was a very important part of the early Genesis. Without his help and encouragement they could have easily not happened.
    Maybe he encouraged them to keep on going when they almost broke up (which happened twice in the early days - once in the summer of 69 and then after Ant left the following year).
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)