Thread: Draft-saving feature suggestion/feasability

Draft-saving feature suggestion/feasability

Dears,

Would it be possible to have a "draft post saving" feature?

Our membership often writes publish long and thoughtful posts that may not come out right in the first writing seance, and sometimes cannot finish it in a single seating (either lack of time, emergency or still thinking about the topic while writing it up). I've had to resort to saving up unfinished posts on a word document to bring it back later.

In some french forums I frequent, it is possible some save an unfinished post in the bottom or upper bar of the post window in a click button next to the Submit, Preview, Advanced or Cancel buttons. This text is then automatically is saved under the thread as a draft. This draft can be recalled by pressing a "charge draft" click button and be finalized. This can be repeated a few times as wel, before finally being confident enough to post it.

cheers & thx for looking into it.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

It has saved a draft for a long time. It looks like it auto saves every minute. There's a yellow notification on the right side of the quick reply
    If you abandon the post and go back to the thread it asks if you want to use the draft. There is a button in the lower left corner of the quick reply that says "Restore Auto-Saved Content". I tried it several times on this post and it worked every time.

I don't use it much, but it's handy. I usually use a text editor to compose a lengthy reply, especially if I have to do research.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain